LegacyGT.com

Remote Start

Anyone know of a good remote start system for a manual transmission. Something easy to install, long range and wont put a dent in my wallet. I'm looking to spend about 100 bucks, but if the system has some extra useful features then I'd go up to 150. Google is a huge slut and there's just to much information and marketing nonsense these days. So I like to ask real people 1st before I go jumping into the cesspool!

I guess I need to wire something for the clutch, or neutral position switch or something. Gotta look that up as well.

I just rebuilt my car which now has forged pistons and I warm it up to normal operating temp just to drive it and I am now realizing how much of a pita this is lol. Especially when it's cold outside or befor and after work when I hit the snooze button to many times or just want to go home. So super long range is key, not sure what my options are with all this smartphone, wifi etc. But I am assuming I need the basic rf because I have do no wifi in my car atm. But I am willing to venture out if seems worthwhile.

I have been meaning to install this, but I still need to find a radio to go with it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001039088367.html?spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.7a5c4c4d10AGUN

Lets you install an android radio system, so I would maybe need a wifi thingy from a mobile provider to have it stand alone and not need my cell phone for internet. So if thats the case I would have mobile wifi.... lots to think about.

Edited by Tehnation

Dei makes viper, python avital etc. you wil need a bypass module on top of whatever remote start you choose that will handle the door locks and other related data and you will need to do a key in a box to handle the transponder. It’s really not that difficult to install but it is a job.

On most cars when you are doing a remote start, that bypass module will handle the door lock data AND the transponder bypass for remote start, on Subarus of our gen I haven’t had much luck so I use a key in a box. It’s a box that you put a key in and tuck waaay up under the dash in a sneaky location. There is a wire with a copper ring that plugs into it that you place around the ignition barrel. The box you put the key in gets wired into the remote start and sends the signal from the key inside to the ignition barrel tricking it into passing the transponder for remote start.

Yeah what’s not a good idea? I was a professional remote start installer for years and have installed thousands of remote starts many of which were on manual transmissions and it’s never once damaged a vehicle. And living in wyoming you can only imagine the number of Subarus I’ve done and that includes lgt’s, sti’s, wrx’s, obxt’s and fxt’s. In fact my own sti was the first vehicle I ever installed a remote start on.