LegacyGT.com

unplugging maf fixes my issues, which means???

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good call! completely skipped that. What can I use, I don't have any permalube? I have oil, regular multi purpose grease, some subaru orange grease I used for transmission and engine seals (cam, crank)

But now I have to replace plugs again.....

Edited by Tehnation

The grease seemed to do the trick! Awesome! When its freezing out and your fingers are numb you forgot the little things lol. Now to fix all these connectors on my harness. Changing the fuel injector connectors 1 broke and another is about to break and trying to fix this cam sensor. The wire broke right next to the clip, I got about 3mm of wire to work with..... busting out the soldering iron.

Fixed the cam sensor connector.... barely, definitely not going to drive this around until I get the new connector. I butchered it, had to pull the pins, and destroyed all the pin clips so some are loose. I learned my lesson with that crank sensor.

This is the grease I used, Subaru NIGLUBE RX-2

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233916382941

This was my point in the post above!!!!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Shed Vaseline is definitely the most questionable Vaseline.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Shed Vaseline is definitely the most questionable Vaseline.

Works for me LOL

All I can say is it was there when I moved here Dec 2010.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

:lol: i guess grease is grease!

I want to do some driving today, but im worried this cam plug is gonna come loose and leave me stranded on the highway for some cop to pull up and tow my car while slapping me with a ticket for no inspection as well... been there done that lol. Last time when I was having the crankshaft sensor problems, i got lucky it was dark and the cop was more worried about some car hitting me versus running my plates and checking my windshield stickers. I don't think I'm that lucky to try it again though!

I was so damn close to being emissions ready and passing inspection but this cam sensor.... ughh, i had to reset the ecu to clear the code, now I have to start over.

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed everything. So far so good, no codes or random misfires. One last test to finish for emissions, hopefully no cels come on.

I went over all my heat shrink connections and wrapped them with electrical tape for more insulation. Changed my cam sensor back to the one that was in there, looks like the new one is shit, replaced it and cam sensor code problem went away.

Still seems like logs show a vacuum leak though? Hmmm, I'll see what happens when the evap test finishes, if no code by that point then I think I am good.

Looks like log is to big, wont upload.