LegacyGT.com

VF52 upgrade Cobb Map?

I am about to get a bunch of work done on my 2006 OBXT and wanted to see if there was a Cobb OTS tune that would work on my car from a different year model? I think the VF52 came on the 09+ WRX (could totally be wrong)?

Anyways, I will also be putting on an STI uppipe (from a 2014), a Cobb catted DP, and a Nameless Catback. Basically manifold back exhaust including the turbo.

I will definitely be taking it to a pro tuner, but I'm not quite ready yet. Want to upgrade the injectors, fuel pump, and intercooler before that.

So, would installing a map from a different model year work, or should I just keep the 2006 Stage 1 OTS tune from Cobb on it and just baby it until I get the tune?

If I shouldn't drive it at all, I can just have the car towed back from the shop (all the exhaust work) to my house.

I'd prefer to be able to drive it (baby it) though unless that's just an insane thing.

Edited by Mr. Electric Wizard

When I put the vf52 on Aug 2011, I stayed on the stage 2 tune in the car until the 80 mile highway drive to the dyno.

With the DP I think you might want to be cobb stage 2.

I'm sure you're going to ask your Tuner, he should be able to email a MAP to get you to him safely. With the bigger injectors, your car may not run well on stage 1.

Talk to your Tuner.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here