LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

I tried to get my wife into a Benz but she wanted a Q3 I even tried to get her a Q5 instead. I was lucky enough to change her mind from the Prem sport to the Prem plus before I signed the bottoms line.

• I Donated

Traded in the wife's Stinger for something with a bit more room. Surprisingly still quite zippy with the 2.5T and dual-clutch transmission. And we're back to an all-red fleet.

I'm keeping the SS at least until the CT5-V Blackwing is available used for under $60k with a manual and low-ish miles. Which might be never. :spin:

169c50ce895a38df2cdd1fe115d97a7c.jpg

I'm keeping the SS at least until the CT5-V Blackwing is available used for under $60k with a manual and low-ish miles. Which might be never. :spin:

169c50ce895a38df2cdd1fe115d97a7c.jpg

I looked at the CT5-V BW. The bare minimum model I would want is almost $90k (6MT and upgrade seats), but the way I really want it is $110k with the carbon package and rotors. I am not paying $110k. I wonder how long they will make the BW models. I know the 2nd Gen CTS-V and ATS-V had some big discounts for when they were not selling.

• I Donated
I looked at the CT5-V BW. The bare minimum model I would want is almost $90k (6MT and upgrade seats), but the way I really want it is $110k with the carbon package and rotors. I am not paying $110k. I wonder how long they will make the BW models. I know the 2nd Gen CTS-V and ATS-V had some big discounts for when they were not selling.
Yeah, I'd probably be fine with the $90k config... but I'm not fine with spending $90k, so it's a moot point.

• 4 weeks later...
well. RIP to my Acura. Wednesday night someone ran a stop sign and we t-boned, she's totaled, and leaves a very big hole in my heart. so...if insurance and everything gets figured out i'll be on the hunt for a new daily. thinking maybe volvo? want to get back in a wagon.

yep, i made it through with no injuries. airbags and seatbelts did their thing and really helped me out. it was low speed(city street, was doing 25...), so that especially helps. car did what it needed to do though, front end buckled and crumpled, no cabin intrusion, and i walked away with, literally, 2 scratches.

I'm considering an e63s wagon.

I really would rather not give up the stick, though and full truth: I'd much rather re-buy a brand new version of exactly what I have right now (05 LGT Ltd Wagon 5MT, 145k mi).

A Volvo V90 is also on the table (and I do recognize it would be the more sane choice).

well. RIP to my Acura. Wednesday night someone ran a stop sign and we t-boned, she's totaled, and leaves a very big hole in my heart. so...if insurance and everything gets figured out i'll be on the hunt for a new daily. thinking maybe volvo? want to get back in a wagon.

TSX wagons if you wanna stay with an Acura and a wagon.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

TSX wagons if you wanna stay with an Acura and a wagon.

yeah, i've been keeping an eye on those, it's exactly what i want but those things have really kept their value...kinda crazy

leaning towards a 3 series wagon, possible a volvo v50, would kill for a jetta tdi sportwagen, but...we'll see what happens. waiting on insurance for...reasons...and seeing other money i have.

• I Donated
Sorry, I read CTS-V. There is a widebody wagon on BAT

The 2nd gen Vs feel old AF now though. The interior feels like it came out in late 2007. That's because it did. That's a bunch of 14 year old technology. For $60k. :eek:

All about that V90 right now.. I look at 'em every other day. driving my wife crazy. The leaking exhaust on the Legacy sounds horrible... debating if I don't fix it she'll let me just replace it :lol:

There were 2 XF Sportbrakes up recently. Def a more rare bird on the road but $$. A few '17-'18 3.6R Outbacks I wouldn't mind scooping up.. just kinda over Subaru's lately tbh. Lifestyle creep also has me leaning towards the EU luxury models :D

v90 would be so sexy but they're still damn expensive...looking at a v50 if i go the volvo route. i'm with you loyalty, over subarus...i've done enough damn headgaskets that i reaaaaly don't want to do them again. the cost of bmw parts has me scared, but they're easy enough to work on that I'm really leaning that way, get a bit of euro near-luxury in a comfortable, good looking wagon...perfect for a daily driver. i'm in.

I'm considering an e63s wagon.

I really would rather not give up the stick, though and full truth: I'd much rather re-buy a brand new version of exactly what I have right now (05 LGT Ltd Wagon 5MT, 145k mi).

A Volvo V90 is also on the table (and I do recognize it would be the more sane choice).

norutah has a 5mt wagon for sale.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6045077&postcount=2240

• Like 1

would kill for a jetta tdi sportwagen

My ex-wife had a new 2014 6MT TDI JSW. She had it for 80k miles before VW bought it back. I can't imagine there are very many of them on the road, unless it is older one. VW's buyout was slightly more than I paid for it new even when you include all the fees, sales tax, loan interest. It was a POS, it was great when it ran. It had couple electrical gremlins in the 1st year. The sunroof got jammed which seem to be common issue. I always had issues with water collecting in the intercooler on cold high humidity days. It left my ex wife stranded for a collapse fuel filter, iced Intercooler, the DPF crack and was smoking when it was turned in.

I did like the TDI 6MT combo and it got great fuel economy for what it was.

interesting...i took care of a fleet of 5 passat tdis, each getting around 50-75k miles in the year i was there, and each having between 100 and 300k miles. For all of em there were no major issues in record or in my care, just basic maintenance...couple wheel bearings were the worst issues i saw. i guess running lots of miles is better for them. always good to hear issues that people have run in to though...