LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Track day this past weekend. Still sorting out loads of pictures from various sources, but here's some of my favorites so far.

hTXDJoo.jpg

aLwaHFj.jpg

FS5auV5.jpg

mbJ5py6.jpg

VEUknHw.jpg

VCJj4uX.jpg

EaJVwpk.jpg

pW986pV.jpg

qKO08e3.jpg

FwwdWbB.jpg

Friend of mine brought a genuine old school Polaroid to the event, so I got this absolute keepsake out of it, dropping with 80s/90s feels.

lbO1dMg.jpg

And the highlight of my day, I managed to get the track officials to let me stage "The Shot", being the barge that I am and getting "stuck" at the end of the pits. :lol:

Wv54KG7.jpg

And, with all the shenanigans and boat jokes, some truly hilarious edits came out of the mix. The kiddie pool is hilarious, but the last one is my favorite because of the quality of execution lmao. Had such a fun time. :D

rpWCEAC.jpg

vEyUpcW.jpg

Track day this past weekend. Still sorting out loads of pictures from various sources, but here's some of my favorites so far.

hTXDJoo.jpg

aLwaHFj.jpg

FS5auV5.jpg

mbJ5py6.jpg

VEUknHw.jpg

VCJj4uX.jpg

EaJVwpk.jpg

pW986pV.jpg

qKO08e3.jpg

FwwdWbB.jpg

Friend of mine brought a genuine old school Polaroid to the event, so I got this absolute keepsake out of it, dropping with 80s/90s feels.

lbO1dMg.jpg

And the highlight of my day, I managed to get the track officials to let me stage "The Shot", being the barge that I am and getting "stuck" at the end of the pits. :lol:

Wv54KG7.jpg

And, with all the shenanigans and boat jokes, some truly hilarious edits came out of the mix. The kiddie pool is hilarious, but the last one is my favorite because of the quality of execution lmao. Had such a fun time. :D

rpWCEAC.jpg

vEyUpcW.jpg

I was scrolling down your post and getting ready to ask if you did that...and you were way ahead of me, with pics too! :lol:

I did this ... on both sides. I am silly for building exhausts forwards from the back. Hopefully it’s not all for nothing.

vro0qwZ.jpg

Go for it! Some days I wonder about doing that myself but I always chicken out.

Lots of finishers for STI's you can put to dress up the cutout if you want to.

Go for it! Some days I wonder about doing that myself but I always chicken out.

Lots of finishers for STI's you can put to dress up the cutout if you want to.

Thankfully chickening out isn’t my thing. Unfortunately sti finishers don’t fit my exhaust tips 😁. I have two 4 inch tips on each side. Doesn’t look as big as it is. I will be using an old winch opening trick to finish the openings for the time being.

Removed the rest of the door belt guards and buffed all the adhesive off today. It looks so much better but all the years and miles leave the paint less than smooth

OdCSOhW.jpg

^Jeebus quad 4"s??? Lets see it when you get 'em on! ��

Half mocked up right now. I’ll post when I’m proud of my finish 😉.

Edited by tony saurus
Adding image

Spent another couple hours on the exhaust today. I was buttoning up leaks and finishing the second muffler section.

Ran into my first clearance issue with the factory piping and the spare tire compartment. They are attached, but the axle back is not finished being built yet.

So right now: they stick too far out at funny angles and hang too low. They will have to work until I can get the rest of the axle back finished. zODZhmX.jpg

Edited by tony saurus
Punctuation

Similar thoughts. Definitely one of the better executions of quad tips I've seen on a 5th gen, but yeah, rest of the car needs to match the aggressive look. But also, you said the tips are still a work in progress, and I'm sure the rest of the car is the same story. Keep up the good work!

Similar thoughts. Definitely one of the better executions of quad tips I've seen on a 5th gen, but yeah, rest of the car needs to match the aggressive look. But also, you said the tips are still a work in progress, and I'm sure the rest of the car is the same story. Keep up the good work!

Definitely too aggressive for stock. I’m building a full exhaust bit by bit. Ideally they will not stock out past the bumper at all and it won’t looks as crazy. I think it’s the worst execution of exhaust fitment I’ve ever done 😂. Right now I’m allowing extra material to avoid finding out I cut a section an inch short. I am on a waiting list for one particular product and just started the build so stay with me. I’m not a wheels + exhaust = done guy.

• 2 weeks later...
welp...front end friday on a monday? got the new headlights, fog lights and front lip in the other day so decided to go ahead and install everything while i've got the day off and a nice sunny day. i'm floored with the difference. and yes, i know my paint is absolute crap...that's a project for another time...

before.jpg.bffd09a9270f68a8c7f4618159a419c7.jpg

during1.jpg.7dcdf610e50f93d0d0ab8fe81513aac9.jpg

during2.jpg.4af48ca07b68f18c7df7791f4480fe35.jpg

after.jpg.4f32532d15547ed806e9dfe78543a947.jpg

I put a quick release on the negative terminal of my battery, lots of installs as of late and this helps me to make sure I am protecting the electronics when I am r&i modules and welding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkb7a76d5a9db2490d137a703a00e87ccd.jpg

Edited by tony saurus

I feel guilty posting again right after I posted but this forum is very quiet.

Did some more work in my exhaust and finished the general shape of the axle back. I still have extra material but it’s not hanging down and out like a nose over a mask.

f0ea914ce873a3e3171d6601a9ed34e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welp...front end friday on a monday? got the new headlights, fog lights and front lip in the other day so decided to go ahead and install everything while i've got the day off and a nice sunny day. i'm floored with the difference. and yes, i know my paint is absolute crap...that's a project for another time...

First, where'd you get the lights? B, how does the lip mount to the bumper? Would it get in the way when trying to take the bumper off and removing all the pop jobbies that hold it in place?

Also, what did I do to my legacy today? I started it for the first time and drove it to work after being in Florida for the last week. Found about a beer can sized pool of oil on my garage floor and after moving it outside overnight, found the same outside in the morning. Since I've been at work, I haven't seen any more spilled oil. Anyone else experience this when their cars been sitting for multiple days?

First, where'd you get the lights? B, how does the lip mount to the bumper? Would it get in the way when trying to take the bumper off and removing all the pop jobbies that hold it in place?

lights came from ebay

. lip mounts with some self tappers and double stick tape. it doesn't interfere with any of the push pins. not the heaviest duty mounting solution, but i don't think it'll rip off with any normal wear and tear.

Also, what did I do to my legacy today? I started it for the first time and drove it to work after being in Florida for the last week. Found about a beer can sized pool of oil on my garage floor and after moving it outside overnight, found the same outside in the morning. Since I've been at work, I haven't seen any more spilled oil. Anyone else experience this when their cars been sitting for multiple days?

that doesn't sound...good. you put cardboard down to see if you can pinpoint where it is?

lights came from ebay

. lip mounts with some self tappers and double stick tape. it doesn't interfere with any of the push pins. not the heaviest duty mounting solution, but i don't think it'll rip off with any normal wear and tear.

that doesn't sound...good. you put cardboard down to see if you can pinpoint where it is?

I haven't but I like the idea. Didn't even dawn on me to try that.

Also, on the ebay headlights...are they oem or are they one of the billion knock offs? If they're knock offs, how well do they aim?

one's a depo and one's a tyco. they aimed fine, they were actually well aimed out of the box so it was just a minor tweak down but it was fine.

and yeah, lay some cardboard down--helps you figure out what fluid is leaking and approximately from where...not a bad idea to clean the underside of the engine and the tray with some brake parts cleaner to get a better idea too.

one's a depo and one's a tyco. they aimed fine, they were actually well aimed out of the box so it was just a minor tweak down but it was fine

Mine too! Driver side (left) was slightly high but that’s it. Unfortunately my oven wasn’t big enough to fit these lights or I would have done a paint job on the stock ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the timing belt (idlers, tensioner, thermostat, plugs, serpentine belt, and some other stuff - didn't do water pump because only 74k miles and it's a GT so water pump is a bit involved...) - the drivers side cams were... well... a bit of an ordeal. The lower one in particular... I purchased an ebay special cam lock tool and it didn't fit into the allen keys (they are 10mm, these were 10.05 to 10.1 depending on the face) futzed around with that for a bit, then tried to do it without (ha ha) for waaaaaaaaaaaay too long, then filed the cam lock tool so that it fit, then things were a lot easier. Some advice for anyone doing it - it's a lot easier to get the belt on if you leave the bottom large idler (the smooth one) and the small idler off until the end (or install them, then remove them like I did after struggling - either way works...) - once I got everything on, I checked the timing more than a couple of times (roll the crank pulley over two revolutions - check everything... wash rinse and repeat just to be sure... then maybe do it again... I used a torque solution crank pulley tool and two breaker bars to remove/install the crank bolt. the half inch drive square isn't very square any more, but it got the job done!

I used the kit from 6starbernie for the belt (mitsuboshi), idlers (NSK and Koyo), and tensioner (subaru), then went OEM for the serpentine belt, thermostat, coolant, and anything else I am forgetting.

All the OEM bearings were still pretty smooth, but spinning out grease. Tensioner was definitely leaking, and the belt was leaving lots of belt dust inside the timing covers, so glad I went with time (well, time plus a year or so - I think it's supposed to be 105 months, which is 8 years 9 months, and the car turns 10 in September)

Always a happy sound when you fire it up and it works perfectly!

It was 102 today and I don't have AC in my garage... conditions were less than ideal, but I had the time and had planned to do it, so...