Georgia roll call

tougefox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm looking at a huge bill for a motor rebuild on my beast. Low-ish compression across all cylinders + 60k on a race block + burning oil = big bill for me. With that being said, I'll drop it off late this month and take the heads to get reworked and hopefully unlock MOAR power! Hopefully my wife & wallet will be okay with this..

• 4 weeks later...

I will single-handedly revive this thread from the dead!

Onto an update on my leggie. I dropped it off at AllPro this weekend to begin the teardown for a motor rebuild. Luckily I have some vendor friends who helped a ton on the parts side. I am debating on the benefits of going for MOAR power with head work. I need to get some quotes about port and polish and a bowl bend on the heads and then I can decide. In the meantime, I'll try to swing by the shop at least twice with updates. I can't wait to have high boost back again!

There aren't really any shops that I know of that specialize in subaru stuff.

MrTris: I've only seen about two legacies (only one modded) in or around Valdosta.

I am still pushing for a meet with a strong Legacy presence. Maybe next Import Alliance?

I'm moving to Carrollton from Minneapolis soon, any Legacy owners in the area? Any Subaru shops? Anything else I should know? hah.

Anyone near Valdosta?

I don't know of many in either place, but the number of legacies around ATL is definitely growing!

now if only i could get mine running again so i can stop driving this damn 4 speed forester around :lol:

-Brett

I'm moving to Carrollton from Minneapolis soon, any Legacy owners in the area? Any Subaru shops? Anything else I should know? hah.

You are gonna experience such culture shock, it's not even funny. The weather alone is gonna be a big change, especially this time of year!

I miss GA this time of year. :(

I don't know of many in either place, but the number of legacies around ATL is definitely growing!

now if only i could get mine running again so i can stop driving this damn 4 speed forester around :lol:

-Brett

What's up with your car?

You are gonna experience such culture shock, it's not even funny. The weather alone is gonna be a big change, especially this time of year!

I miss GA this time of year. :(

Why a culture shock? Now I'm scared haha! I'm certainly looking forward to the warmer winters.

Allpro, but they're all the way up in Alpharetta.

I'll have to check 'em out when I make it down there.

Why a culture shock? Now I'm scared haha! I'm certainly looking forward to the warmer winters.

I'll have to check 'em out when I make it down there.

Check out wrxatlanta, good local forum, good people.

Definitely join WRXATLANTA and feel free to come out to our meets. Sunday we're hosting a Dyno day at TopSpeed Motorsports and there's a meet Sat night @ The Cheesecake Factory @ Perimeter Mall. I feel like the local liaison to wrxatl.

I feel like I've all done recently is buy parts.. I've gotten so far for this build:

OEM gasket kit EJ257

OEM timing belt kit w/ thermostat and gasket (difficult to find for a good price when avoiding the dealership prices)

new 11mm oil pump

Mishimoto race radiator

new NGK plugs

piston rings/bearings are coming soon and I am most likely going with a lightweight crank pulley also.

Oh, and I'll be getting tires soon..

So it looks like I have demolished my blouch 20gxt turbo and that was causing most of my issues. That being said, I have already ordered a dom 1.5 turbo which is rated at More power which will be exciting. It's been an expensive month but I can't wait to see what my car will dyno at once the break in tune is over.

What's up with your car?

Clutch started slipping, so i took it all apart only to find that either the alignment pins or something are rusted solid. Wasn't able to get the transmission off the back of the engine so now im putting it back together and gonna take it to allpro or somewhere.

Hey, I want a Forester, what's wrong with your 4 speed :lol:

Going from the spec b to my sisters bone stock, baby blue, 4 speed forester has been slightly depressing. i can't tell if its because the thing is never in the right gear, or all of the sorority stickers on the back, im not sure.

-Brett

Clutch started slipping, so i took it all apart only to find that either the alignment pins or something are rusted solid. Wasn't able to get the transmission off the back of the engine so now im putting it back together and gonna take it to allpro or somewhere.

Going from the spec b to my sisters bone stock, baby blue, 4 speed forester has been slightly depressing. i can't tell if its because the thing is never in the right gear, or all of the sorority stickers on the back, im not sure.

-Brett

I'm borrowing my sister's sorority-mobile also while my car is at AllPro. I got my clutch rebuilt at Clutch Specialty Auto and they're recommended by TopSpeed and AllPro. A rebuild on my ACT clutch with an upgraded ceramic clutch material (holds power better and engages better) was sub $200.

The plus side with my turbo being bad is that the full block doesn't have to come apart so there's upwards of $900 I can save on labor and another $whoknows how much in machine shop costs.

12/16/14 Update:

Turbo was bad which it's looking like was the culprit of my boost and oil problems so in goes a Blouch Dom 1.5xtr (8cm compressor) as well as a new Mishimoto radiator, rebuilt clutch by Clutch Specialty Auto (great experience!), OEM timing belt kit w/ thermostat, and miscellaneous gaskets (valve cover, oil pan, ect). Hoping to get a break-in tune and picking up the car by week's end!

The tune goal is to have two maps: 1. Daily Driver map w/ around 380whp/380tq 2. FUN MAP w/ just under Peak whp & wtq whatever that ends up being. Joel at QED tuning will be doing both tunes on the car. His dyno is already at Allpro and I've heard he's just as meticulous as Doug (formerly the tuner from TopSpeed). I'll keep y'all updated

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii596/Benfrancis91/20141216_172757_HDR.jpg

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii596/Benfrancis91/20141216_172808_HDR.jpg

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii596/Benfrancis91/20141216_171745_HDR.jpg

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii596/Benfrancis91/20141216_171136_HDR.jpg

Edited by benfrancis