LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed the 55k and 2ish years of ownership on my 08, however I sold it today to another Subie owner. Replacing his wife 99 outback with 318k on it that recently got tboned.

Meanwhile payment will be rolled into some other small debts.

On the hunt currently for a 18-19 3.6r legacy for my girlfriend. Quite the adventure considering most used ones in the PNW don't come up terribly often. No matter what I saw she isn't about the wagon life :( so a 3.6r outback isn't in the cards for us.

Holding tight for awhile for the new Ford Bronco or maybe outback XT for myself after next year. I'll probably find a GC wagon to hold me over and tinker until in the meantime.

Got the wagon tuned tonight by Remy @DDA Tuned. She’s got a VF52, Perrin TMIC, SPT intake&box, Grimmspeed EBCS, EL headers, hollowed uppipe, Invidia catted downpipe, SPT catback and stock injectors&pump. Going to be upgrading pump soon since she’s getting starved. Since it’s going to a 17yo I had it tuned at 16psi. d39c7b8624b3c7254b8cfdeba28c7bcd.jpg

f1a84f2fdf9398b4dd0e3e5c0a7c366f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by sd2180

• 3 weeks later...
Bought my first tank of gas since early march today. Need to replace a rear wheel bearing or two also.

yeah, i was driving with the fuel light on since March, until two weeks ago. decided to add some gas, then i brain farted and filled the tank full. Should have only done half.

Bought my first tank of gas since early march today. Need to replace a rear wheel bearing or two also.

Fun. Fun. The fronts are pricey. Shouldn't be a terrible job though.

As for gas, I've put 9K miles on my car since January, RIP. And everything I ever need is with in 5miles of me. Need less to say, I enjoy driving!

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Met up with pdXammo last Saturday, to grab some scuff plates and OEM UELs. He has some beautiful cars, and is getting rid of a lot of parts, so reach out to him.

I always wanted to mess around with my exhaust, but was never going to do so unless I had UELs. I didn't really care to try out those cheap Tsuedos or Speed Daddy's that every other EJ253 owner was trying. So when these fell in my hand for next to nothing, I figured I'd try my hand at a Frankenstein'd exhaust set up for a 2.5i. Hard to go wrong with a manifold that was engineered (term used loosely) by Subaru for Subaru. Picking up where Jovver "The Pickle" left off. Theoretically, I just need to block off where the uppipe would connect, throw in my O2 sensor, and mate the manifold to the rest of the exhaust using an adapter, or rotating the flange. I'm not entirely sure, however, we will find out in the coming months as I slowly piece it together. I'm in no rush, as it isn't a priority of mine.

IMG_3208.thumb.JPG.5862e701ad9e54ece533e6f1f2553bae.JPG

IMG_3209.thumb.JPG.fa1250968a0ff18f5cfddee5c9b535e1.JPG

IMG_3214.thumb.JPG.104735ace494b5475c0c8ea8c8415177.JPG

IMG_3212-min.thumb.JPG.a0f7c36920792808d295b298d790b344.JPG

IMG_3210-min.thumb.JPG.78960457850a1c419530684d94c2bcda.JPG

MILKRUN  - Click Here

She hasn't been starting randomly. No click or cranking, with all lights and stereo good. I've put it on my jumper battery and after a few tries it starts. Up to today it hasn't stranded me, just delayed me. Battery was 5 yo on a 3 year warranty, so I had AAA replace it.

Well, today she's stuck in the driveway and won't start. Tried jumpering the clutch switch, no dice. Battery is on Genius charger, and even at 100% again no dice. No click, no cranking. Any hints on what to look at next are appreciated. From what I googled, I was really hoping it was the clutch switch.

She hasn't been starting randomly. No click or cranking, with all lights and stereo good. I've put it on my jumper battery and after a few tries it starts. Up to today it hasn't stranded me, just delayed me. Battery was 5 yo on a 3 year warranty, so I had AAA replace it.

Well, today she's stuck in the driveway and won't start. Tried jumpering the clutch switch, no dice. Battery is on Genius charger, and even at 100% again no dice. No click, no cranking. Any hints on what to look at next are appreciated. From what I googled, I was really hoping it was the clutch switch.

It could be the starter.

Thanks for the input!

When I turn the ignition, with the clutch in, i hear the fuel pump trigger. So i think that rules out a few things. Clutch sensor, ignition switch. Battery is healthy. I did loosen and wiggle the battery cables.

When it does crank, it starts with authority, so I don't think the starter is going out. I'm thinking it's sensor or switch.

"Neutral safety switch? Crank position sensor?" Hadn't thought of either of those, I'll add them to the list.

I played with it a bit today, but I waited too late to get started and it was too hot outside, so I decided to go watch F1 rather than sweat it out under the hood of a black car. I'll probably do some more research before I venture out again.

Met up with Chris to grab his a radiator shroud off him. We found out that I bought his old taillights off of him while in Texas. First interaction I had in the classifieds on here. Fast forward 10 months and he is getting to see what his old taillights went towards in person. Two days later and we looked around at the Lynnwood Pick N Pull, where he found Nameless muffler deletes (crazy) & I finally got my front moonroof glass. Probably the most painless, most easy install. 5mins, if even.

Lastly, I went to go grab a JDM double din this morning. I had no intention of getting one so soon, but after seeing how good of a deal it was, I could not refuse. I do still need a JDM hazard button. AVO JDM is selling them brand new for $23. If anyone has an extra please let me know.

IMG_3248-min.thumb.JPG.6c868b0c0da8f952e026a89724c303af.JPG

IMG_3266-min.thumb.JPG.67ea2c0fd276e835ea738558c676ebed.JPG

IMG_3268-min.thumb.JPG.595f838783a8a6f34423114fd38afd45.JPG

IMG_3272-min.thumb.JPG.06036318e6099f60ae64904b0fd6ffff.JPG

IMG_3281-min.thumb.JPG.b0c77237510953cf318c6936bd8431d4.JPG

IMG_3289-min.thumb.JPG.515c76b879aee058b606055a54616b24.JPG

IMG_3292-min.thumb.JPG.bc124d9235db4dd877045cf24f463344.JPG

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Thanks for the input!

When I turn the ignition, with the clutch in, i hear the fuel pump trigger. So i think that rules out a few things. Clutch sensor, ignition switch. Battery is healthy. I did loosen and wiggle the battery cables.

When it does crank, it starts with authority, so I don't think the starter is going out. I'm thinking it's sensor or switch.

"Neutral safety switch? Crank position sensor?" Hadn't thought of either of those, I'll add them to the list.

I played with it a bit today, but I waited too late to get started and it was too hot outside, so I decided to go watch F1 rather than sweat it out under the hood of a black car. I'll probably do some more research before I venture out again.

Doesn't the fuel pump turn on to pressurize the system once you turn the key to the second notch? Regardless of clutch being in or not?

Isn't there 3 key notches besides "off"? Accessory, on, and start?

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Doesn't the fuel pump turn on to pressurize the system once you turn the key to the second notch? Regardless of clutch being in or not?

Isn't there 3 key notches besides "off"? Accessory, on, and start?

Mine does for sure. It makes the whatever "this is the fuel pump" doing it's thing with the key turned in. It's the wait for that sound to stop before attempting to start after clearing / flashing your ECU.

I also need moonroof glass mine is cracked. I need a new windshield mine is cracked.

Mine does for sure. It makes the whatever "this is the fuel pump" doing it's thing with the key turned in. It's the wait for that sound to stop before attempting to start after clearing / flashing your ECU.

I also need moonroof glass mine is cracked. I need a new windshield mine is cracked.

I need the front moon roof glass also. I let my kids stay in the car one day (listening to their music) we came home, and they decided to pretend to be the neighborhood cat and walked on the roof. luckily only the glass cracked, no roof dents...

Rhitter, do you need the front or rear section of glass? I have a rear I can sell you. However, I'd strongly recommend going to a pick and pull yard. Let me know if you're interested. I'll be putting it up for sale in the classifieds soon enough.

It's the front also. Same section as yours.

I need the front moon roof glass also. I let my kids stay in the car one day (listening to their music) we came home, and they decided to pretend to be the neighborhood cat and walked on the roof. luckily only the glass cracked, no roof dents...

lol. Kids. Can basically not blame them, but so, so frustrating.

I need to figure out how to replace my coolant pipe / tube from the engine block to the turbo. I have a small leak there. Everything looks very jammed up and compact. Not easy to work on.

Edited by Rhitter