LegacyGT.com

Chi-Town area 1999 Legacy L

Hey everyone,

So it has been AGES since I posted. It is time to catch you up on basically 5 years of Subaru. Please be patient.

Previously I had the flared and boosted BLACK 1998 Legacy manual. Did a ton of lighting, suspension and such. Had a WRX swap etc.If you knew me back then, then you know the story. You know whom I went to and what I did. If you dont, ask em and I will replay the history of it.

Unfortunately, the car blew the motor (my fault) on the way to work, and I sold it back to Bobby K. Whom originally owned the car (between the 2g guys I know). The car now sits until he car restore it.

Since then I went from the 98 to a 2013 Sonata that I bought from Pugi Hyundai. BTW those guys are ******* awesome. ..well needless to say that lasted like a year. I missed AWD, safety and being in a Subaru. The Sonata had a recall on the engine, but somehow mine didn't act up yet. Either way, I traded it on a 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5 Limited. Nice part is, I know the original owner.

Well fast forward to about a month ago, I still own the 2015 and I acquired a 1999 Subaru Legacy L 30th Anniversary. This car belonged to my younger brother. He bought it about a year after I got my black one. He owned and maintained it since then. Overall great condition...one spot of rust I want to do a repair to, which very well may be the step to recreating the black one but version 2.

Right now I am figuring out direction and sitting down with my performance shop (next month) to figure out a direction i want to take it. Most of the work will be done by me. NOW, I DON'T CARE TO PLEASE THE NUT. I build my cars quite directly...function over form. Since owning the car, I replaced the mirrors, visors, and headlights thanks to a midwest guy I had the honor of knowing for a while. I also added my RFRB grille from my original 97 Legacy. Also detailed the car (stage 1). I am working through a list of what I need to do immediately for function ans safety.

Photos will be on next post. If you have suggestions, parts of questions let me know.

Anywho, thank you for reading and I hope you all have a great day.

Edited by Slo_leg