LegacyGT.com

Let's talk airbags....

Got some questions about the function of the airbag systems.

For instance, if I were to remove the passenger seat and start/drive the car, I would certainly have an airbag light on the dash, but would all the other airbags continue to function properly and as intended if I were to get into a crash with said passenger seat removed? Or if I were to unplug the seat airbags, would it affect the function of the side curtain and driver/passenger front airbags?

Thanks in advance guys for the help and looking forward to the discussion and learning.

Can I get someone to concur with or refute ^^^this guy? I need more info and this is not what I wanted to hear.

Thanks for your response TRBOLGT!!!

The guy in the video is a member on this board, Sm00veM00ve shoot him a PM. He used to be fairly active.

There has to be a way to jumper/resistor everything to fool the system into thinking the seat/airbag are still there.

Might be worth looking into what the WRX/STi guys are doing in these situations. Maybe their setup is similar, or at least it'd be a starting point for figuring out the 5th gen system.

For instance, if I were to remove the passenger seat and start/drive the car, I would certainly have an airbag light on the dash

And the car will ding CONSTANTLY without the passenger seat installed because it thinks someone's sitting in the seat and they aren't wearing their seatbelt.

Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world? Remove the passenger seat and then drive 90min each way to the track. :mad::lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/Rutch/CarPics/LegacyGT/0754dd9c.jpg

And the car will ding CONSTANTLY without the passenger seat installed because it thinks someone's sitting in the seat and they aren't wearing their seatbelt.

Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world? Remove the passenger seat and then drive 90min each way to the track. :mad::lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/Rutch/CarPics/LegacyGT/0754dd9c.jpg

Is this what the Rock has been cooking all this time? Passenger seats?

Archived