LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

I usually use Timothy.B's car as a reference, since he's running almost that exact set up. This is 18x8.5 +45 on 245/45/18. The setup Niko will have will only be a scant 3mm further in.

http://i.imgur.com/Wy1bk6z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iKIUgfJ.jpg

You sure that's 45 offset?

Yes, Ive been running 18x8.5 ET45 wrapped in 245/45 for a few years.

And I believe we had a 2.5i -> LGT owner local to me run 245/45R18s first maybe 5-6 years ago. There was also a great 19 setup many years ago in the Silver car photo gallery section. Either 245/40 or 245/45R19 with a slightly more aggressive offset, stock suspension.

Shadow Speed HRW Type Rear Window Spoiler arrived today. Very pleased with the quality, paint, and fit, and love the design. Need some warmer weather to install this bad boy. Link here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/272991164900

vnnWX2v.jpg

jfC0Ivu.jpg

3RbISVq.jpg

r1BQ2uN.jpg

DflZcel.jpg

Should go well with your Blitzen wing!

Positive. Talked with Tim tons when he was buying his setup. My own is 45 offset as well. 19x8.5 +45 on 245/40/19. Less than 1mm diameter difference than Tim's setup, so essentially the exact same fitment.

LWModzK.jpg

I only asked because they look nice and flush. Can't wait to see what my +35 offset is going to sit like lol

+35 will look suuuuuuper nice. Here's one that's sitting on 19x8.5 +45 on 245/40/19 and dropped on Bilsteins/Swift Springs, BUT with a 15mm spacers, so it actually works out to about +30. I think you'll love how +35 looks.

HbknZCw.png

Godddddd that looks good! I'll post of some pictures in a few weeks. Waiting on tire tire shop to buy me a new set of rims after they marked mine up a bit.

My incoming wheels are going to be 19x9+50. But, I am considering running some small spacers so I can fit a bit wider tire before hitting the struts. Or... sneaking in some coilovers somehow. Anyway, I don't expect the wheels until May so I don't have anything really concrete yet.

Purchased some used control arms, Thank you dgoodhue. When those come in I will be installing the new bushings into them and probably getting some new swaybar endlinks and ball joints for good measure. Afterwards I will put my set up for sale if anyone is interested.

Purchased some used control arms, Thank you dgoodhue. When those come in I will be installing the new bushings into them and probably getting some new swaybar endlinks and ball joints for good measure. Afterwards I will put my set up for sale if anyone is interested.

Interested if they have less rust then mine ;)

Bought the Prova blue glass for my JDM flip-tab rear view mirror. It's looking like the install is going to be easier than I thought thankfully. I can likely just leave the original USDM mount in place and affix the mount for the JDM mirror above it, since the USDM mirror's mount is more directly behind the mirror and that JDM mount is above the mirror.

33CnMuQ.png

wZUlJ9q.png

YweZpRj.png

Edited by Humble Rumble

Powerstop Z26-1001 // 961 for my brembos (2011sti) the hawk hps pads squeal, and i'm fed up with them, i'm told the z26s are great for no squeal.

I have heard a few here say the Hawk pads squeal. Are they more meant for track use?

Ive had hawk hps pads on our tribeca for 80k miles or so with no squeal. Put some on the GT and so far no issues either.

I really think that comes down to climate now that I'm thinking about it. Mine are definitely louder at colder temps, and you being in Florida, that would make sense that you don't have much squeal.

I really think that comes down to climate now that I'm thinking about it. Mine are definitely louder at colder temps, and you being in Florida, that would make sense that you don't have much squeal.

Did you leave off the OEM shims and apply the lube liberally to the backing plates.