LegacyGT.com

P0546 Code on Stage 1?

So I just replaced the catted UP with a Grimmspeed catless UP last night. I also tuned stage 1 a couple of days before. I test drove it last night and no problems at all. 12kms down the road this morning I got a code and pulled over to take a look. P0546 code, exhaust gas temperature sensor circuit high. I removed the sensor with the stock UP of course so I just cleared it and drove another 10kms to work. It hasn't come back. I'm kind of surprised I got it to begin with though, I was under the impression the stage 1 OTS tune took these codes out? Did an older version of these tunes not take them out or something?

On my previous 05 LGT I didn't have to use a resistor because my stage 1 tune took care of the code.

Yeah, must be the, I seem to recall the older version didn't remove it.

What version AP do you have...I hope you upgraded...like you know you should have...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That is the one that will allow you to do your own tuning and yes they require you to take their course before giving you access to it.

You need the other accessport manager software, you can download it once you register your accessport.

Yeah you're right. Actually you don't even need to register your accessport to download the AP manager but it looks like you can only transfer existing tunes to the Accessport and a couple of other administrative things. Looking at the tune revisions on Cobb's site it looks like they don't actually cancel the uppipe code on their tunes. It turns out I actually manually did it on my last one and luckily I kept the file haha. Will load that up and transfer it to the car and it should be good to go. Kind of shitty though that software that used to be free is now an extra $150usd on top of the AP.

I'm not really good at this tuning thing, but, can't you save the tunes on your computer as well as in the AP ?

Yeah so the AccessTuner program (which is the one that used to be free) allows you to modify tunes. The AccessManager program only allows you to transfer tunes between your AP and your computer so you can then transfer them to your car. When I had the V2 I modified my tune to eliminate the CEL using the AccessTuner program and kept the file but it turns out once you buy a V3 you can't use V2 files anymore, even though they have the same data. Cobb is essentially the Apple of tuning companies.