LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do and am in mentor every now and then but live in Cleveland heights. My winter wheels are plastidipped aqua so if that's what you saw, that was me haha. I met a guy last year who also has a swp wagon tho. Not sure if he's on here

I do and am in mentor every now and then but live in Cleveland heights. My winter wheels are plastidipped aqua so if that's what you saw, that was me haha. I met a guy last year who also has a swp wagon tho. Not sure if he's on here

That had to be you! I thought I saw aqua wheels! It was near Taco Bell on Mentor Ave. Probably around March 7th. The roads suck so bad up there!

• 1 month later...
How has everyone's header heat shields held up? Mine are pretty much shot and I'm installing an up pipe this weekend and I'm less than confident I'll get them off in one piece.. started soaking them with PB blaster tonight in preparation. Maybe I'll just wrap them with some DEI stuff i have leftover, but not sure how that'll hold up in the long run being right next to the road (I took the diaper off a while ago)

Actually just ripped my passenger manifold and crosspipe heatshields off this weekend. The driver's side is still holding fine but I do have a rattle with the uppipe shield. I'll yank them all off eventually and DEI wrap everything.

I think I'm just gonna go the wrap route too. probably have enough left over from wrapping my up and dp and still have some ceramic spray paint leftover too. Just staring at the nuts/bolts holding them together.. i dont think they're coming apart cleanly

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey all NEOhio folks, just joined on here and put the following post into new member introductions:

Hello all-

I recently came in the possession of a reasonably decent 2003 GT 2.5. About 110,000 miles. It’s been sitting for a long time, and I need to get it properly into shape. Runs ok, but I don’t know anything about it’s service history. My mechanical skills are generally just good enough to get myself into trouble. So I’ve got that going for me. I’m in the west Cleveland area, so recommendations from that region would be well received.

In a nutshell, I don’t know what I don’t know.

Thanks,

MAH

BTW, I’m in Fairview Park

Hey all NEOhio folks, just joined on here and put the following post into new member introductions:

Hello all-

I recently came in the possession of a reasonably decent 2003 GT 2.5. About 110,000 miles. It’s been sitting for a long time, and I need to get it properly into shape. Runs ok, but I don’t know anything about it’s service history. My mechanical skills are generally just good enough to get myself into trouble. So I’ve got that going for me. I’m in the west Cleveland area, so recommendations from that region would be well received.

Thanks,

MAH

Hey this thread is for turbo 2.5GTs only!

Kidding:rolleyes:

Anyway, this thread really isn't very active, so you will probably get more responses elsewhere. I'd try out the 3rd gen section, specifically, if that even has enough activity these days.

Unless you have something specifically wrong, the only things you really NEED to look out for are head gasket leaks (internal is serious, external depends on severity mostly), timing belt/associated pulleys, and rust.

Check your coolant for oil and your oil for coolant. That will tell you whether the head gaskets are leaking internally.

If the timing system has not been changed yet, change it as soon as you can. It is a small investment to protect your engine from certain failure.

Check front and rear subframe for rust holes. If none exist yet, there's nothing to worry about there.

I live in Fairview as well, and am looking for a 2000-2004 Legacy wagon for an extra car. My daily is a 2011 Legacy GT

Thanks for the reply. Who do you recommend locally to look this thing over for me? Really I’m just trying to get an idea whether this car is worth putting much effort into and, if so, what I’ve got to do to make it a dependable daily driver

Thanks-

Hello all-

Thanks,

MAH

Welcome to the group. Hopefully you enjoy your time with these cars. They can be fun, or a nightmare, or both lol.

Unfortunately this group is not very active, but the forum still has good info and people tend to engage when you ask questions after you've already done some research. If you're on Facebook, check out NEOSOC (North Eastern Ohio Subaru Owners Club). It's a good resource for shop suggestions and meet ups but that's pretty much it. Most of the traffic is people taking screenshots of their AP and expecting the group to tell them what's wrong with their car or asking for the millionth time "wIlL tHeSe RiMs FiT??" so it gets annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

The NEO SHIFT Subaru Tour may be coming to a town near you.

The first stop is at Boardman Subaru near Youngstown Aug 17th. The next stop will be in September near Akron. More info is coming down.

We are asking for donations of school supplies at this All-Subaru Car Meet.

Come check it out from 1p-4p

SHIFT%20Tour.png

Edited by kent55

• 1 year later...
I got my car 05 lgt back but from being repaired, I gave the repair guy a cold air intake for the 05-06 lgt to put on, he put it on but my car just stalls when it’s sitting there at a stop sign or a traffic light.

What's the check engine code? Our cars do not like intakes other than the factory setup especially if not tuned for it. I'd recommend returning to the factory intake asap, clean the maf, check the engine code before driving much more and report back.

Our cars even have a diagnostic code reader built into the car. It's not hard to use and is a searchable thing.