LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

Somehow or another, I was unsubscribed to this thread. And here I thought there wasn't much going on!

Catching up, in July I swapped to BNR 16g, added GS TMIC, AEM WBO2, GS EBCS, GS AOS, ID720's, GS Intake, TGV delete, air pump delete, and 235/50/17 Federal Evoluzion ST1 tires.

This weekend, I installed BC BRs for legacy I got from Itsdaniel in the classifieds, KTA-124, legacy bump stops, legacy control arms, and moog problem solver inner and outer tie rods. Rears are set at max height and fronts can come up another 3/4". I'll probably make a 3/4" spacer for the rear and come up 1/2" in the front. Ride is surprisingly good and mostly no rub. Backing up turning left just a little on front left inner. mJUh7qH

That's a mega update! What about the tune?

You say potato, I say potahtoe OK? :lol:

Yep, everything you just mentioned has been 'addressed'. Bought an annual NP pass a month ago. Went to Zion, Bryce, did some riding at the Goosberry Mesa. After work, I take the kids on the Bearclaw Poppy trails or some other trails around the Redcliff area. Been playing with the car on pretty steep ATV trails too. That was a bit scary to me actually, but fun for the family. We still have a lot to check out around. Can't wait!

You know, I should share a few pics. I've been wanting to keep a journal of all the adventures we experienced these past few months (engine swap earlier this year, 2-week cross-country trip from MD to UT with the whole family while camping along the way with 3 kids, also flew back by myself to MD to retrieve the 06 and drove cross-country AGAIN. Left MD on a Thursday; arrived in UT on Sat <-- amazing to drive an empty stage 2 subie with sti pinks. Awesome drive through the Rockies).

Here are a couple of pics at least. First one was at a huge lake in Nebraska. Next two was camping in Utah (Flaming Gorge area). I'll try to share more later if anyone is interested.

IMG_20200706_165628.thumb.jpg.3b3709680e0808c14c994e27bb816275.jpg

IMG_20200709_101730.thumb.jpg.b81c86fe9002405f980ba4d94ed78b7f.jpg

IMG_20200709_135858.thumb.jpg.64bffef15a0df9670eb8714589fbe13c.jpg

Here are a few pics of the 06 while having lunch somewhere along I-70 in Utah. And one pic somewhere in Kansas where I stopped at an Autozone to fix a rock chip which just happened on the freeway.

For the trained eye, you may notice the JDM rear bumper ;).

IMG_20200725_132310.thumb.jpg.94ba7ded35ae272e87897fa6ecd0b3ec.jpg

IMG_20200725_132351.thumb.jpg.04aecf614eaaa504f98d124d674d4e4a.jpg

IMG_20200724_113807.thumb.jpg.31bceac537a0c55b8571394b73b7bd5a.jpg

Edited by xt2005bonbon

Those clear skies....

Getting tired of the orange or grey skies.

I believe we are going to get some of the smoke from the wildfires over here in a couple of days...

That cross-country trip with the family was done with 400 lbs/in spring rate on the rear. Still not enough... Purchased 500 lbs/in Eibach ones :spin:.

But first, I need to fix the PS valve leak.

That's a mega update! What about the tune?

The tune is still in progress. Up to 17 psi with 78% IDC. Shooting for 19-20psi. I am super happy with how things are turning out.

Ordered a primitive skidplate yesterday. While this car is no where near as low as my c10, I still can't stop thinking about that oil pan hanging out there.

You know, I should share a few pics. I've been wanting to keep a journal of all the adventures we experienced these past few months (engine swap earlier this year, 2-week cross-country trip from MD to UT with the whole family while camping along the way with 3 kids, also flew back by myself to MD to retrieve the 06 and drove cross-country AGAIN. Left MD on a Thursday; arrived in UT on Sat <-- amazing to drive an empty stage 2 subie with sti pinks. Awesome drive through the Rockies).

Here are a couple of pics at least. First one was at a huge lake in Nebraska. Next two was camping in Utah (Flaming Gorge area). I'll try to share more later if anyone is interested.

Those are great pictures. I found this youtube channel earlier this week - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwdVOry0oNF9WIe_3uCfz9Q

Now you know who to call if you get stuck. I have been out to Moab once, and those pictures are really making me miss southern Utah, it's such a strange / beautiful area.

The tune is still in progress. Up to 17 psi with 78% IDC. Shooting for 19-20psi. I am super happy with how things are turning out.

Ordered a primitive skidplate yesterday. While this car is no where near as low as my c10, I still can't stop thinking about that oil pan hanging out there.

I have one it's good. For some reason I got the super thick one. Probably should have stuck with the normal weight....

Edited by Rhitter

I have one it's good. For some reason I got the super thick one. Probably should have stuck with the normal weight....

I went with the 3/16th as well. Difference in weight was 3 lbs. 14.5 compared to 17.5. The coilovers were 3.5 lbs lighter than the JDM KYB outback struts I had so I figured it was a wash for better protection.

Here are a few pics of the 06 while having lunch somewhere along I-70 in Utah. And one pic somewhere in Kansas where I stopped at an Autozone to fix a rock chip which just happened on the freeway.

For the trained eye, you may notice the JDM rear bumper ;).

Dig the 06 storm trooper. What did you use to paint the wheels black?

Those are great pictures. I found this youtube channel earlier this week - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwdVOry0oNF9WIe_3uCfz9Q

Now you know who to call if you get stuck. I have been out to Moab once, and those pictures are really making me miss southern Utah, it's such a strange / beautiful area.

Thanks Rhitter. That's funny you found that channel. I subscribed to it last week :lol:. He is basically local this guy. I'll meet him one of these days.

Yeah, red rock country is unique. They have plenty of fun biking trails over here. I can't wait to ride all of them. Also can't wait to plan a trip to Moab again.

I went with the 3/16th as well. Difference in weight was 3 lbs. 14.5 compared to 17.5. The coilovers were 3.5 lbs lighter than the JDM KYB outback struts I had so I figured it was a wash for better protection.

I also have the thick skid plate. Quite heavy for sure. Also have the one for the rear diff.

I was able to cut my OEM under tray so that it still sticks up nicely. (somewhere in my build thread)

I did the exact same thing as well.

Dig the 06 storm trooper. What did you use to paint the wheels black?

Storm trooper huh :lol:. Yeah I like it. Just like Max Capacity keeps saying on this forum, each time I drive this car, it puts a smile on my face even after 6 years of ownership. Crazy.

Wheels were already painted black when I got the car back in 2014. They are quite beat up actually. Been wanting some black Enkei rims actually. Almost bought some a few months ago.

I see an entire JDM rear end: bumper, tail lights, and rear garnish.

You're right! I also have the pre facelift JDM front bumper. Freshly painted too. Will install it soon, probably with some JDM HID headlights. Also need to install the folding mirrors. I have them since 2017 I think :rolleyes:.

Edited by xt2005bonbon

I spoke to the tech support guys at BC Racing via email today. They helped me decode the part numbers for dampers. Might come in useful for somebody.

2009 Legacy rear damper for F-04 coilovers is part number 19095AR1125M12. 190mm body length, 95mm shaft length, AR1 is series and rear, 12.5 mm shaft diameter, M12 thread for top nut.

2009 Outback rear damper for F-07 is 320175AR114M12-11.

320mm body length, 175mm shaft length, AR1 series and rear, 14mm shaft diameter, M12 thread for top nut. Not sure about the -11 though.

Was told all valving and fluids the same in BR series.

Like I said might come in handy for somebody.

Just replaced the license plate lamp. I also ordered 225/60/17 nitto grappler, and picked a local installer. They should be delivered to the installer next week.

Provide a pic of the tires on the car. Curious to see how they look and fit. I have the Geolandar on the 05. Not too bad for light off-road stuff.

I spoke to the tech support guys at BC Racing via email today. They helped me decode the part numbers for dampers. Might come in useful for somebody.

2009 Legacy rear damper for F-04 coilovers is part number 19095AR1125M12. 190mm body length, 95mm shaft length, AR1 is series and rear, 12.5 mm shaft diameter, M12 thread for top nut.

2009 Outback rear damper for F-07 is 320175AR114M12-11.

320mm body length, 175mm shaft length, AR1 series and rear, 14mm shaft diameter, M12 thread for top nut. Not sure about the -11 though.

Was told all valving and fluids the same in BR series.

Like I said might come in handy for somebody.

I'll be redoing some hopefully in the next few months so thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk