LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

driver side? may have to remove the dash I think..

Does any of you know which brake pads would provide the most initial bite while being somewhat easy on the wallet? for standard outback oem rotor size btw.

I had some stoptech pads that felt really good. Honestly through, when I did the stainless lines and master cylinder brace it made the biggest change in pedal feel. Just be aware the stoptech pads dust alot.

I hope I dont have to tear the dash apart to get to the drives side actuator. If that's the case I'm gonna replace all of them haha. I did the vent mode select previously from the passenger side and it was a nightmare.

I paid $300 out of the door. I have nothing to go on, so I don't know how fair that is. I was happy to support his business and pay it though. All-in-all, I was expecting to get quoted for $5-$600. When I went to get a quote for getting my grill painted Onxy Black Metallic, I was quoted $150 - $200 from a different shop.

This place prepped everything for liability reasons (masked, disassembled mirrors, etc.). I had them take out the little imperfections before spraying; although, there weren't many so, I'm sure he did so as a courtesy. I'm sure half of that when towards materials and the other half was labor.

I also walked away with a life-time warranty and any extra paint they had, so I have 75ml of Champagne Gold Opal to make paint pens out of.

That is a deal. Good job finding a honest shop.

That is a deal. Good job finding a honest shop.

I'm telling you I was very happy with my experience there. They will have any future business from me.

I had some stoptech pads that felt really good. Honestly through, when I did the stainless lines and master cylinder brace it made the biggest change in pedal feel. Just be aware the stoptech pads dust alot.

I hope I dont have to tear the dash apart to get to the drives side actuator. If that's the case I'm gonna replace all of them haha. I did the vent mode select previously from the passenger side and it was a nightmare.

I think I'll be replacing my cracked dash soon.

Now you have me considering a brace. I will be getting ss lines and LGT rotors and pads in the future. I've never heard anything bad about StopTech pads. Do any of yall have experience with EBC (specifically their Yellowstuff)? I know they produce aggressive pads (thinking of Yellowstuff). What are yalls thoughts?

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I'm telling you I was very happy with my experience there. They will have any future business from me.

I think I'll be replacing my cracked dash soon.

Now you have me considering a brace. I will be getting ss lines and LGT rotors and pads in the future. I've never heard anything bad about StopTech pads. Do any of yall have experience with EBC (specifically their Yellowstuff)? I know they produce aggressive pads (thinking of Yellowstuff). What are yalls thoughts?

Im also running 4 pot / 2 pots so that might help the pedal feel some too. But the stoptechs are just very very dusty. I've had no experience with EBC pads or rotors.

Front diff and trans fluid flush. Well my transmission is auto, so I wouldn't call it a flush entirely. I didn't care to fill and drain it 3x over. The fluid that came out of the transmission looked fresh anyway. Gotta do the rear diff this weekend. And I will hold off on brake fluid since I'll be doing an LGT swap within the next oil change or two.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Got the drivers side actuator done, it was a bear and a half but totally doable. Just need to take everything apart haha. Also picked up some used nameless 5in tailpipes for the outback installed. It's a little more droney in the wagon than I'd like, but I've been told it's not bad outside the car. I just wanted something subtle. Now i wait for the next round of parts!

Did you end up removing the dash?

I think the best mufflers for the obxt are the AVO for a fairly subtle rumble. But $$$ and hard to find.

I just found some in AUS, they arnt too crazy $$$. A little more money than the nameless and probably alot less drone. Hmmmm.... I'm also waiting for raptor superchargers to get more headers in stock, looking like mid to late July.

I did not end up having to take the dash out. You can drop everything below the drivers side dash and get to the lower two screws, and then pop out the upper pocket/dash vents and the top screw is right there. It took a while to figure out what all I needed to undo but it really wasn't that bad. :eek:

I just found some in AUS, they arnt too crazy $$$. A little more money than the nameless and probably alot less drone. Hmmmm.... I'm also waiting for raptor superchargers to get more headers in stock, looking like mid to late July.

I did not end up having to take the dash out. You can drop everything below the drivers side dash and get to the lower two screws, and then pop out the upper pocket/dash vents and the top screw is right there. It took a while to figure out what all I needed to undo but it really wasn't that bad. :eek:

That's really good to know. I know I'll have to do that soon.

2015 STi rack came in...

The catch: it came in to my address in TX. Should be on it's way up sooner than later. I will continue to update you/y'all. I will be throwing Whiteline rack bushings in, and the roll center/bump steer kit on it.

You will love it. It's a "pretty easy" installation. Just potentially messy.

Finally got around to having the rear bumper off my donor 06 LGT wagon painted to install on my 05 OBXT. Installed the SPT cat back exhaust from the LGT a while back but my buddies shop was closed for a bit at the start of this virus so he wasn’t able to get to it right away. Swapped over the crash beam and brackets for proper fitment. Body lines don’t match up on the quarters since the Outback has mouldings and the Legacy doesn’t. Doesn’t really bother me though. My camera work sucks but I can assure you the exhaust tips are centered in the cutouts.b1943a58dd74a88b2dd745e651c9100a.plist

4668e1cb750ae2b7dee8024dfd13a10c.plist

Also completely swapped over the LGT’s black interior. I mean COMPLETELY! Carpet, plastics seats, seatbelts, everything. If it was black, I swapped it over. Well, minus the brake handle cover. The LGT’s was ripped so I‘LL be hitting up a salvage yard to grab one. It honestly looks so much better in black. 21e3f3d7de22941bb4efc46757791ded.jpg

a57828d619eca140f7dea6c61b41abbd.jpg

8f65b5fde5a57ef8fbc0df37b35d9309.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also completely swapped over the LGT’s black interior. I mean COMPLETELY! Carpet, plastics seats, seatbelts, everything. If it was black, I swapped it over. Well, minus the brake handle cover. The LGT’s was ripped so I‘LL be hitting up a salvage yard to grab one. It honestly looks so much better in black. 21e3f3d7de22941bb4efc46757791ded.jpg

a57828d619eca140f7dea6c61b41abbd.jpg

8f65b5fde5a57ef8fbc0df37b35d9309.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s one of my bucket list items!!! How’d you source the items?

My Humble Build: https://wheelwell.com/christopher-setter/2sog/2008-subaru-outback

That’s one of my bucket list items!!! How’d you source the items?

My Humble Build: https://wheelwell.com/christopher-setter/2sog/2008-subaru-outback

Bought a wrecked LGT wagon over the winter mainly for the drivetrain but it had black interior so I figured I’d swap that over as well. Looks so much nicer/cleaner with the black.

I also have a set of black heated leather seats from an 06 LGT sedan for sale if you know anyone looking.

@%1; how much are those seats? Are they in good condition?

Need to look for a junkyard in my area. Any suggestions for the NYC area?

I got them from a local seller. Paid $600 for the set, but they were in great condition, and I got to inspect in person before purchase. Found them on Facebook marketplace LOL.

I have a front bumper too :spin:.

Just bought new Toyo tires as well and, as you may be able to see on the pics, just installed new stoptech rotors and pads.

That car needed some love. Been spending my time this past few months rebuilding the engine on the other car. Running pretty good so far. Hopefully, it'll stay like that.