LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

I've changed mine once in 3 years, but it would be nice, the other question though is how do you know they all changed?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The Tein EDFC controller displays the setting of all 4 dampers.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSrr01KbCpQH-Eo7iJl0twEQtsgEYaCbS0yhleGo6CtWV_y5cH9&usqp=CAU

Scored some carbon hydro-dipped interior bits from a seller on Yahoo.jp auctions that seemed to be clearance-ing out a bunch of stuff. The prices on these range typically range from $80-$200 depending on the piece, but each of these pictures only cost me between $10-$20 each. I spent less $150 getting all of this here from Japan. And it's REALLY nice finish for hydro-dip, very glossy and good sheen. Sure, it's not real carbon, but for a fraction of the price to get something like this from Liberal, I'm happy with it all. Nice way to add some flavor to the interior.

kY5iPKg.jpg

Nijgt9d.jpg

DHnlVM5.jpg

Wxdthj7.jpg

pY7LMHr.jpg

2GLyUly.jpg

Yeah, I'd hate to have to crawl under the car to change settings, the auto adjustments are neat!

Brunzo, why not just get the OE carbon fiber trim set? I may get a wood trim set one day, I have CF currently. The grass is always greener on the other side lol!

I have OE carbon trim set (my car was equipped with it from factory). it's not real carbon, but imitation. I don't like wood interior.

Please stop me. The isolation makes me spending money on car mods like a mad.

Today i purchased the complete rear gate door with JDM spoiler, as seller did not want to sell spoiler alone. Asked seller to remove the spoiler and ship it out. The borders are closed, can't get out to bring it home...

Anyone know if Spoon makes Rigid Collars for the rear of the 5th Gen Legacy? I found a set for the front on Japan parts but I can't seem to find the rears.

Ok so I found a set of rears on the Prova website, does anyone have any experience with the rigid collar mod? I know you have to check the cross member bolts for tightness periodically, is it worth it?

well...picking them up on saturday, but i got a screaming deal on a set of STi split 5 spokes...anyone run them on a leggy before? i'm like 97% sure i'm gonna like how they look but wouldn't mind a little looky loo. gonna order some adapters eventually. my current tires are still probably 60-70% tread left, so the wheels are going to be sitting for a while until i need new tires, or i get bored and find an extra $1000 just sitting around with nothing to do.....that's something that happens, right?

e8115058b7824a96a7c0c56f4f728163.jpg

Edited by creep_nu
adding pic

well...picking them up on saturday, but i got a screaming deal on a set of STi split 5 spokes...anyone run them on a leggy before? i'm like 97% sure i'm gonna like how they look but wouldn't mind a little looky loo. gonna order some adapters eventually. my current tires are still probably 60-70% tread left, so the wheels are going to be sitting for a while until i need new tires, or i get bored and find an extra $1000 just sitting around with nothing to do.....that's something that happens, right?

e8115058b7824a96a7c0c56f4f728163.jpg

When I was looking for rims, I considered the gray version of those which the WRX 2016-2017 had in models above the base. They have the 5 x 114.3mm bolt pattern which seem you already know since you mentioned spacers. I have seen them in pictures of 6th Gen Legacy's.

yeah i'm actually getting the graphite ones, so i guess they're technically wrx wheels, but same design and errything, that was just a stock photo i grabbed real quick. i think the graphite's going to look pretty nice against the RRP paint at at 18x8.5 et35 after adapters, should be pretty solid fitment too.

yeah i'm actually getting the graphite ones, so i guess they're technically wrx wheels, but same design and errything, that was just a stock photo i grabbed real quick. i think the graphite's going to look pretty nice against the RRP paint at at 18x8.5 et35 after adapters, should be pretty solid fitment too.

Someone snapped a pic of a 5th gen out in the wild with these on, posted it here. Sorry, cant recall which thread at the moment. Looked decent IMO.

Found it:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5953367&postcount=1033

Edited by NVAKeith

I got a great deal on mine too picked just the wheels up for $175. I couldn't say no, plus these are my favorite sti/wrx wheels. I ended up going with some 15mm adapters and the wheels are pretty much flush with the fenders without having to roll them1aa8471efa2eb1abcfa5c1c101618164.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

^Nice! What size tires are you running?

Any issues with vibration?

Running 245/40/r18, on some pilot sport as3+ didn't that I needed a 45 series. I only realized that after the tires were mounted on the wheels. Only small road vibrations for the most part.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk