LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

So how about this - I put an AEM 320 fuel pump in my car about 10K miles ago, and it already went bad! Still confirming, but I replaced the whole bucket (fuel pump/filter/sender) with a low mileage STi takeoff, and haven't had any problems whatsoever since.

Prior to this, I was having a problem where the car would die only after running for a continuous couple hours on the highway. Which was a big problem as it would only die when I was over a hundred miles away from home... usually in the middle of nowhere and on a roadtrip. When I put the AEM pump in, I tuned it since there were a few other things changing at the time. Well, now with the stock STi pump in there, I'm rich across the board on the same tune and it's running like a champ.

In hindsight, I think the AEM was slowly dying because it kept going slightly lean up top (inconsistently), and I kept revising the tune for it. Now with the STi pump, it's been dead consistent for about 500 miles so far. After changing out everything related to the fuel delivery, the new AEM fuel pump was the last thing I thought would have been the problem, but it's looking like it was. It's hard to confirm because I need to drive it for over 100 miles at highway speed to see if it dies, but so far it's been good!

So here's a heads up - when fuel pumps start to die, they do weird things and don't show a CEL. Even if you recently put in a brand new aftermarket fuel pump, it could be the problem.

My AEM has been in the wagon for some time now, about 18 months or so.

Like all things. nothing is perfect. There just seems to fewer issues with them from what my Tuner said from all his years.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Spent the morning driving to and from the machine shop down in CT to drop off Mike's (HAMMER DOWN) old shortblock (and heads, for that matter, to be used for a "core" discount sort of deal) so they can start inspection and building. Time to start hoarding the parts I need to get before the block is back!

My wallet's already screaming :lol:

Spent the morning driving to and from the machine shop down in CT to drop off Mike's (HAMMER DOWN) old shortblock (and heads, for that matter, to be used for a "core" discount sort of deal) so they can start inspection and building. Time to start hoarding the parts I need to get before the block is back!

My wallet's already screaming :lol:

It's happening!

Thank you for your input, it is much appreciated. All is heavily considered when my babies are on the line. I'd hate to make a simple mistake. How did you go about painting/coating your SSRs?

I haven't. I waited for a set of silver ones to come along. I'm still waiting to kill off the Continental tires I have on the stock 18 inch wheels before switching to new tires on the 17 inch SSRs.

I'm pretty sure cast forged isn't a thing.

I didn't say it was. You can find the post by Latent Wagon for a better description.

SC

Edited by Smithcraft

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Not much, but it was a super nice day, so I really cleaned up the windshield and gave it a fresh coat of RainX. If it's have decent tomorrow, I'll see about giving it another coat of RainX after I get back from PIA.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Yesterday I had a new nsk (oem) rear wheel bearing delivered that was bought and sold from amazon. Unfortunately I believe it is counterfeit. The box looks real but the bearing in the hub has no part number markings and should have "nsk" and "55BWKH12" stamped on it. The black protective paint on the wheel side lip is also terribly applied. Add another part to look out for counterfeits. I'll take pictures and upload them later.

Yesterday I had a new nsk (oem) rear wheel bearing delivered that was bought and sold from amazon. Unfortunately I believe it is counterfeit. The box looks real but the bearing in the hub has no part number markings and should have "nsk" and "55BWKH12" stamped on it. The black protective paint on the wheel side lip is also terribly applied. Add another part to look out for counterfeits. I'll take pictures and upload them later.

Good luck getting your money back if it is fake.

Have you contacted amazon ?

Keep us posted.

Found this,https://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/WC/18220-01153026.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ff&utm_content=YN&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+Google+Base&utm_term=2005-2009+Subaru+Legacy+Wheel+Hub+Assembly+NSK+Rear+05-09+Subaru+Wheel+Hub+Assembly+2006+2007&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ff&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+Google+Basecid=6774379819&aid=79287199093&keyword=306519374381%3A%3Apla-306519374381&kid=306519374381&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI87aU6pv15wIVD5SzCh2wZA7lEAkYAiABEgIEjPD_BwE

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Good luck getting your money back if it is fake.

Have you contacted amazon ?

Keep us posted.

Found this,https://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/WC/18220-01153026.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ff&utm_content=YN&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+Google+Base&utm_term=2005-2009+Subaru+Legacy+Wheel+Hub+Assembly+NSK+Rear+05-09+Subaru+Wheel+Hub+Assembly+2006+2007&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ff&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+Google+Basecid=6774379819&aid=79287199093&keyword=306519374381%3A%3Apla-306519374381&kid=306519374381&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI87aU6pv15wIVD5SzCh2wZA7lEAkYAiABEgIEjPD_BwE

I already did the return. It is super easy through Amazon when it's sold by Amazon.
Amazon is super easy to get a return on. Just have to say that the item is "damaged". No other information needed.
I just used their reason of "the item did mot meet my expectations" and added a comment about being counterfeit.

Finally got around to putting the 08-14 WRX RCE Yellows on the wagon. 6k equivalent springs, which paired really well with Konis on my WRX. Turns out WRX struts are about a half inch shorter than ours, so 3d printed some spacers out of carbon fiber reinforced nylon. Curious to see how they hold up.

IMG_20200229_160507_copy_1500x2000.thumb.jpg.32e2e907956f59e71e9cfd76a6d1b9d9.jpg

IMG_20200229_135127_copy_1500x2000.thumb.jpg.1fb159e526e6007f399ab48c817b4d39.jpg

IMG_20200229_150641_copy_1500x2000.thumb.jpg.404919b4918864f18c6a37cab4a8a72e.jpg

IMG_20200229_125219_copy_1500x2000.thumb.jpg.5d3ee93a93aec2e690f402dbbf6e2f97.jpg

Finally got around to putting the 08-14 WRX RCE Yellows on the wagon. 6k equivalent springs, which paired really well with Konis on my WRX. Turns out WRX struts are about a half inch shorter than ours, so 3d printed some spacers out of carbon fiber reinforced nylon. Curious to see how they hold up.
So... 08-14 stuff is a ½" shorter all around? Or is it the springs too???

How's the ride???

Scotty

Seems to be. I have Konis on both cars, and the same spring sits firm on the WRX but rattles around on the LGT without the 1/2" spacer. To me that implies that both the strut and spring are shorter, though the perches and top hats are the same. These are also 1" lowering springs, so I wonder if other WRX springs might drop in no problem. Still need to dial in the dampers on the LGT, since they were set for the Eibachs I had on there before. As far as I know, these are stiffer than any LGT offering, which is what I'm after.

But, on the WRX I found them to be ideal for what I want in a daily. Stiff and significantly reduced body roll, but not so stiff that it rattles out your fillings. Nice and smooth on the highway, and a huge improvement over stock in autocross. A friend of mine who runs KW V2s is borrowing the WRX while his car gets painted, and his feedback was that the Konis/Yellows are a bit softer in terms of dynamic response and roll a bit more, but are way more comfortable to cruise on.

Edited by awfulwaffle

Cleaned the MAF and replaced the K&N panel filter with an AEM DryFlow one over the weekend.

While tightening connection of the afta-maf elbow to Perrin inlet I ended up snapping the nylon coupler. Replacing it with a machined aluminum one designed for joining silicone intake piping.

After driving a bit on the yellow springs, realized the guy I bought my used '08-14 WRX' springs from sent me 02'07 springs instead - the rears are much shorter and rates are softer. Put the Eibachs back on and swore a bunch.
That's BS... can you get your money back?

Scotty

That's BS... can you get your money back?

Scotty

Nope, they've been sitting around waiting to get put on too long I think. On me for not catching the length difference. I think my only option is to take the springs off my WRX once I sell it, or go coilovers. The Yellows are discontinued :/

Ugg some one stop me for buying stuff, Got my cylinder 4 cooling kit, ordered koyo rad, and DEI titanium turbo blanket. :spin:

Haha I feel that. But I HAD to get those SUPER hard to find edm fog light. And with a matching jdm rear fog. It'll look good at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugg some one stop me for buying stuff, Got my cylinder 4 cooling kit, ordered koyo rad, and DEI titanium turbo blanket. :spin:

Can't help you there.

I picked up a lower STi front brace and I'm eyeballing front control arms and a bunch of bushings, to go with a skid plate and Lord knows what else....