LegacyGT.com

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve ??

Hello

I have 2015 Legacy 3.6R. I was wondering if anyone has used Fumoto Oil Drain Valve product ?

For my car its a F105N 20mm X 1.5 FUMOTO Engine Oil Drain Valve.

Was not sure which one to buy, the length of the nipple that the hose goes on.

Thanks for any feedback.

• 1 year later...
I know this is an old thread - but I am just discovering, I have a 2015 legacy 3.6 and I am looking to add the Fumoto short nipple. I assume everyone is still happy with them? Seems like it would make oil changes much easier!

They're great I have had a Fumoto on my lawn tractor for years, no problems. There is also a valve called an EZ which I understand is made by Fumoto, I am using one of those on my Legacy. Just go to Amazon and search for "oil drain valve" and you will see both. The main difference is that the EZ uses an O ring instead of a flat fiber gasket, it is also made of a different material, nickel rather than brass, and you can get one with a removal hose connector.

• 2 weeks later...
When searching for the 2.5i on the fumoto website, it calls for F108. Any reason to look at the F108s?

The suffix merely designates outlet style:

• F108 = no hose nipple
  • F108S = short nipple with snap-on nylon hose adapter
  • F108L = long nipple, hose pushes on

Any of these is suitable for a Gen 5 2.5 Legacy or Outback. I have an F108S on both our 2015 Legacy and 2016 Outback, and I like the snap-on hose adapter. If you're worried about valve outlet contamination between oil changes ... a non-issue, IMO ... only the F108L will accept a protective push-on cap.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

The suffix merely designates outlet style:

• F108 = no hose nipple
  • F108S = short nipple with snap-on nylon hose adapter
  • F108L = long nipple, hose pushes on

Any of these is suitable for a Gen 5 2.5 Legacy or Outback. I have an F108S on both our 2015 Legacy and 2016 Outback, and I like the snap-on hose adapter. If you're worried about valve outlet contamination between oil changes ... a non-issue, IMO ... only the F108L will accept a protective push-on cap.

Thank you. Ordered two of the F108. Second oil change coming up for the legacy and first for the Outback.