LegacyGT.com

What is normal vacuum?

I have a 2009 outback xt.

Specs.

100% stock.

111000 miles.

91 non eth.

I have bad idle like its shaking, it don't matter if its in park n r or drive.

I hooked up my obd2 and at idle I am getting a 13 vacuum, is that what could be causing the bad idle?

I heard somewhere it should be 17+ on vacuum.

Unless you have a proper boost gauge, the readings through the OBD2 will be different. I monitor my car with Dash Command, and the "boost gauge" is relatively close for boost, but for vacuum it's way off, when compared to my actual boost gauge. If I remember, I'll see what my OBD2 vacuum looks like at idle, but if I recall, it was somewhere around 13 like you're reading, while the boost gauge read 18.5 hg.

Unless you have a proper boost gauge' date=' the readings through the OBD2 will be different. I monitor my car with Dash Command, and the "boost gauge" is relatively close for boost, but for vacuum it's way off, when compared to my actual boost gauge. If I remember, I'll see what my OBD2 vacuum looks like at idle, but if I recall, it was somewhere around 13 like you're reading, while the boost gauge read 18.5 hg.[/quote']

Mine have always been very close. Note that most boost gauges will display boost in psi and vacuum in inHg, whereas the ECU reports both boost and vacuum in psi. That would lead to the numerical vacuum value reported by the ECU to be about half of what reads on the boost gauge.