LegacyGT.com

Gas tank filler

Ok? Put gas in car and drive away with a properly sealed gas cap. There is no issue here
Though I agree with your general sentiment, I find it a good idea to acknowledge OP's concern, for the sake of other users' if anything.

I too was (mildly) surprised at first when I got my previous legacy. Contrary to my previous vehicles from other manufacturers, the gas nozzle never seemed to quite go in.

I can report for OP that this caused no issue to my previous legacy, nor does it cause any with my current 2020.

Happy driving/refueling OP! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I thought that Subaru was more eco conscious. Letting fuel vent to the air at every fill-up doesn't fit that image.

you are free to trade your car in for another make, you will find the same issue with most other cars...

do you have a gas mower, if so you are doing the same if not worse when you run it (carbureted, non sealed fuel system)

you are free to trade your car in for another make, you will find the same issue with most other cars...

do you have a gas mower, if so you are doing the same if not worse when you run it (carbureted, non sealed fuel system)

Beyond your nonsense, the thing is I never noticed this big of a gap in other cars.

I found the ignore button. At least one problem solved.
You are making a mountain out of an ant hill.

You just ignored another enthusiast that could of helped you when or if you really had an issue. Your lost.

Edited by Yoda_One
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

I thought that Subaru was more eco conscious. Letting fuel vent to the air at every fill-up doesn't fit that image.

you got what you deserved when you spouted this nonsense....

I found the ignore button. At least one problem solved.

ignore me wow, snowflake much?

Did you not see the first reply? then you came back with the above?

BTW Subaru is a 0 waste company overall so much for that anti green line you are pushing

Edited by YeuEmMaiMai

Modern fuel pump systems use a vapor recovery system to catch the majority of the displaced air coming out of the fill port, but it's not really feasible to collect 100% of the displaced air from the vehicle's fuel tank and transfer it back into the bulk tank.

In any case, this thread seems to have devolved a little, probably about time to lock it up.