Alternative to Moore Performance blast plates

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just wanted to let you know guys I came accross this guy at my local Subaru Club (Kiev, Ukraine) who makes very similar blast plates for a much cheaper price.

https://vk.com/moto_spy?z=photo1703337_456239139%2Fphotos1703337

If you need I can get his contacts.

I have nothing do with him and personally I think the blast plates are waste of money, they only make shifting easier while racing or driving agressively.

Same improvement can be achieved with group-n STi motor & tranny mounts. But that's just my two cents.

Just wanted to let you know guys I came accross this guy at my local Subaru Club (Kiev, Ukraine) who makes very similar blast plates for a much cheaper price.

https://vk.com/moto_spy?z=photo1703337_456239139%2Fphotos1703337

If you need I can get his contacts.

I have nothing do with him and personally I think the blast plates are waste of money, they only make shifting easier while racing or driving agressively.

Same improvement can be achieved with group-n STi motor & tranny mounts. But that's just my two cents.

Thanks, but those will not fit the 5th Gen GT since our transmissions have a gusset in the case casting extending back from the engine mount area of the bellhousing.

All right, here's the link to the thread about these plates:

http://forum.club-subaru.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=76749

Use google translator if you wish but I think mostly you'll be interested in fitment/installation pics.

I bought few other items which he produces and I can confirm he's not a scammer but I did not buy & test the blast plates because of the above mentioned reasons and because I recently did complete STi 6-spd drivetrain swap on my GC8.

Based on my local Subaru Club members feedback they are good quality, thick steel, nice fitment. I've only read about tranny tunnel clearance issues after installing the plates on 06 WRX but he claims the issue has been fixed on new revision plates.

PS. I'm sending his contacts via PM and will ask him if it's ok to post them here.

Thanks, but those will not fit the 5th Gen GT since our transmissions have a gusset in the case casting extending back from the engine mount area of the bellhousing.

are these for sale yet, I'm a little confused. they seem to be done in the first post.

GTEASER, sorry, I just read previous pages. Now I see.

I think he will be able to modifiy the plates but it's highly unlikely he will find the car in Ukraine with 5-th gen gearbox to take measurments. The sales of newer models significantly dropped here.

Again sorry for hijacking the thread!

are these for sale yet, I'm a little confused. they seem to be done in the first post.

Those are the ones that he makes for the WRX 5MT. Last I heard he was working on sourcing the bolts and waiting on the powdercoater for the design for our transmissions. Notice in post #64 that the ones for our transmissions need that slot in them to clear the gusset that our transmission case casting has along the side.

Edited by GTEASER

GTEASER, sorry, I just read previous pages. Now I see.

I think he will be able to modifiy the plates but it's highly unlikely he will find the car in Ukraine with 5-th gen gearbox to take measurments. The sales of newer models significantly dropped here.

Again sorry for hijacking the thread!

Hey, no apologies, it was an honest oversight. Glad to have you here and contributing!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welder is back, I did some work this weekend and finished a couple prototype sets, using grade 10.9 threaded rod instead of bolts for now. The design I went with requires modification of both shift cable brackets. I will be including the upper modified shift cable bracket and have instructions on how to modify the lower cable bracket to clear the plate which is a less involved mod (Angle grinder work) unless you guys would prefer having a complete kit with both modified brackets let me know!

I have a set getting powder coated and should be getting installed this week so we will know if there are any trans tunnel clearance issues.

Time to make it happen

Vince

JkzNJJP.jpg

Kp7kW92.jpg

Edited by VR001

Welder is back, I did some work this weekend and finished a couple prototype sets, using grade 10.9 threaded rod instead of bolts for now. The design I went with requires modification of both shift cable brackets. I will be including the upper modified shift cable bracket and have instructions on how to modify the lower cable bracket to clear the plate which is a less involved mod (Angle grinder work) unless you guys would prefer having a complete kit with both modified brackets let me know!

I have a set getting powder coated and should be getting installed this week so we will know if there are any trans tunnel clearance issues.

Time to make it happen

Vince

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj593/vincedahl/blasat%20plates/lgt%20blast%20plates/20170917_190233_zps2lsxttzh.jpg

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj593/vincedahl/blasat%20plates/lgt%20blast%20plates/20170917_190046_zpsyn0044ob.jpg

Your photobucket pics aren't working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The design I went with requires modification of both shift cable brackets. I will be including the upper modified shift cable bracket and have instructions on how to modify the lower cable bracket to clear the plate which is a less involved mod (Angle grinder work) unless you guys would prefer having a complete kit with both modified brackets let me know!

I would want a plug and play kit. I may have to wait until the mods are given a thumb up by someone else.

• 2 months later...

Are any of you guys are doing clutch/ trans work soon? I Have another prototype set I'll let go for cheap. I need someone that can confirm the fitment on their car for me relatively quick.

I sent a set to a guy over 2 months ago but never got the feedback I needed.

Vince

Edited by VR001

Who did you send it to? If we know him we'll get all over his ass about it. If I needed a clutch any time soon, I'd be happy to do the test fit, but I don't see doing this any time soon.

Is it possible to install it with the trans in the car? I know there is at least one long bolt that needs to slide entirely thru the tranny. One of the 4th Gen guys did this with the Moore plates by drilling a hole in his trans tunnel and then installing a plate or grommet to cover the hole.

Who did you send it to? If we know him we'll get all over his ass about it. If I needed a clutch any time soon, I'd be happy to do the test fit, but I don't see doing this any time soon.

Is it possible to install it with the trans in the car? I know there is at least one long bolt that needs to slide entirely thru the tranny. One of the 4th Gen guys did this with the Moore plates by drilling a hole in his trans tunnel and then installing a plate or grommet to cover the hole.

Lol I appreciate the offer, It was a guy out in Virginia, the shop he had his work done at said they were going to install them but some service manager rushed his car off the lift and never put them on, so i wouldn't say it was his fault.

Also the trans will need to get dropped, I have seen people put holes in their firewall to get the job done but don't recommend it unless you really want to ;)

I have an assembled 6MT transmission sitting outside of my car in the garage. I can have it test fitted in an hour. PM me if you are interested and we don't track down that other guy.

I ended up purchasing an exploded 6mt for fitment testing and have confirmed that, but need someone to install the transmission in their car with the plates on and let me know if their are any clearance issues between the plates and the trans tunnel, I am pretty confident they will clear but want to be 100%

PMed as well - mine is at AWDTuning they can help with the test fit

pm'd back

• 2 weeks later...