LegacyGT.com

What would go in this blank spot?

I thought of something as I was picking my car up from the dealer today and readjusting everything. What would go in this blank spot here between the heated seat buttons? It’s pretty obvious that the little blank on the right would be a button. The center section looks like a panel would go there. It just looks kind of weird and it’s so shallow that anything you’d put in there would probably fly out as soon as you took a corner.

eb0df7357ebed1b51a6bf3a4ddef8e33.jpg

My car’s a ‘13 3.6R Limited. I don’t have the nav, sunroof, or EyeSight. Has it got something to do with one of those?

Please excuse the state of the panel and especially the cup holder. You’d be amazed at what the car looked like inside when I first got it. I spent four hours cleaning out the junk and trying to make the rest of it halfway presentable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've wondered the same thing. My '13 Legacy doesn't have any high tech features (premium model) so I have the same blank black box near the little tray. I store my coins/chapstick in the little tray personally...

Nothing in the US market, but OUS there is a version with SI drive that has the knob there, as well as the JDM version with the parking brake switch

Ya, the U.S. market has the Parking Brake on the left side of the steering wheel... below the dimmer switch as far as I know.

Pre- facelift 5th gens have the Si-drive selector knob there.

Facelift 5th gens get the parking brake there as the Si-drive swith got moved to the steering wheel.

Could be other configurations but those are some I am aware of.

I don't think any USDM spec 5th gen has anything in that blank spot, or at least I haven't seen it. Could be something for the outback if they use the same console design?

I use the little tray for coins, not sure it has a specific purpose other than "more storage is better"

I don't think any USDM spec 5th gen has anything in that blank spot, or at least I haven't seen it. Could be something for the outback if they use the same console design?

I use the little tray for coins, not sure it has a specific purpose other than "more storage is better"

Pictures of 2013 Outbacks seem to indicate that it’s exactly the same on the Outback. They moved the parking brake switch back over there with the 5th Gen Outback in 2015. But for 5th Gen USDM Legacy’s, looks like it’s vestigial. I wonder why they put the parking brake over to the left on the dash rather than in the middle. Seems like the console by the shifter is a sensible place for it. It used to be there and is back over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk