LegacyGT.com

5th Gen owners....who are we??

• 2 weeks later...
how thick are the adapters you used? fitment looks great

I used 25 mm adapters from amazon it cost 100$ ,but than different bolts 1,25x25mm 40$ than I needed to buy spring buffer retainer=100$ because suspension is too soft with 5 people driving and when car is little jumping or some holes the wheel arch is touching edge of the tire so it was the cheaper option :)

• 9 months later...

Hey forum peeps-

We just picked up a super clean, low mile 2011 2.5 Limited in Ice Silver Metallic. We were looking for a decent car for the kiddos to share and turns out we got one of the nicest cars in our eclectic fleet. It is completely stock and well taken care of so we're going to go slow on any major modifications for now.

JMMbPAH5s4hBdTwvlPRd8iolLgQL0IJbY4L5hoY61aMkbFO0SkJMY9dtnnQP7Dg1T2_UC41KbqMOGA0M7_R-mayx7AgY5KX8CxIJmP8SoMy_J2LzXBG9zgc8ZDNL3Ee8ccvm08UCStAEucBNqOEe1COqtck0DUuR2P4-LUzmZqE74SyV0dgZVWlr4pAf8MA7xB3J3b5_mJUWDVy5um2KpWyqY-5U20lsGkAYuPpDRIryaFjcL2zFedbPYrBej2doPATF6uqoXYf912A94yjc-33giuhjWUs8ZuVU-xbtelPlJiUCoP3pHkmMy54lnvGfb8bkcy3uiXefsK9PX6Hk089OmzB3ZsaKP3j6UExbFUFGZruptoeSCVOPvpBa0GUuGTGqIRcKFTA8V1ODobpC8eYAhTydEy1vCsvc0G9BdTfgENXByNIUig-xN0Vp1xCqymMPQ1cRCYOd9X1RVmsZnN7p_JqvW-i-yiTTgHATweScTQ76WCtaQndrksL2NnejCKW_Iae3u1xsWCEVW8SoZrP6AgSFYURXDlVowUrbZMgWzkHYlTIOOdQW6ssrUzrNFuiFAP-8jRA6fi6Bk-78Mka43pK1rzvzUvx4NHKzPslo2-5IY-csmVLNKHa6q08VU_rZSabQKmgPJ0un3sAjaC7TQ4tp2-IUZdn7pvrAJ6Lit1_kZlDgMpztkOxvKurHZgpgL6AjmGUwcRTwMhA9k0wRaw=w2016-h1512-no

One thing we are looking for is good driving/fog lights. Any advice on OEM lights or an after market set that works well and swaps in easily?

And finally this is my 3rd Subaru, having had an original 1996 Outback that blew a head gasket at 120,000 miles and a 2002 Forester that we had to give up when we had our 3rd kid. Glad to be back in the Subaru family!

Hi Miko,

There are lots of good ones there stay away from the OEM fogs. Go for LED units....I got mine from PROLITZ a long time back thrilled with them....the ones for late modal Mustangs are plug and play in Legacys

Check with Humble Rumble....He is the forum guru on them as far as I know ;)

For independent control of your fogs they this little hack :)

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/5th-gen-independent-fog-light-mod-223969.html

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

New to this forum. 

With two garage queens and no time or space for more, I wanted a fun ride that I could just drive and not worry about too much. Criteria were: relatively cheap to operate/good reliability, manual, low key, not likely to be thrashed by prior owner, and ideally AWD and decent room for 4 adults. Based on that I cross shopped similar vintage Acura TL SH AWDs and Gen 5 LGTs and you can guess where I landed :) 

I’ve owned my 2012 LGT - bought with 155K KMs (I’m in Canada), Cobb AP running Stage 1, and an Invidia DP and Q300 cat back - since the spring and it’s become an unexpected “pleasure vehicle” considering I really bought it just to be a runabout with a stick. I’ve even gotten (mostly) used to the somewhat clunky shifter though that is easily the weakest link in what is otherwise a pretty great all arounder.  

I am curious how many 5th gen GT owners there still are in Canada considering age of car and relative rarity. I think since these came out, I can only recall seeing 2 or 3 in the GTA.

Hope to see a fellow member on the road…

Edited by Supramaniac
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Larry here I am older on the site.

2013 Black 2.5i

150k miles serviced by Ecotech performance

CVT fluid changed

Steel belt CVT

I love the car cause it just drives. It has a bad cat, and needs new windshield. Other than that it is strong.

I also have a built 06 LGT 5MT Limited from the same shop. both run great.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone, my name is Paul, I'm 31 and from Scotland, I'm new to the forum. I'm a mechanic, I dont have a car at the moment as I'm out of work due to an accident, here is a picture of my mothers jdm br9 gt which I've already started tinkering with it's got a hks boost controller and hks intake and possibly has a hks catalyzer I've just not really had a proper look at it yet. 

20230512_120430.jpg

20230512_120943.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

2012 2.5GT Limited - Graphite Grey Metallic

Male - 57

Engineering manager, retired USAF F-16 Viper maintenance

This is DeltaSniper's car that I purchased from him Friday and is Subie #4.  '06 Forester 2.5X LL Bean and '07 Tribeca H6 3.0 5 pax Limited in the garage next to her.

Mods - Hooked from DeltaSniper's for sale thread.  Sorry, I'm tired this morning.

Interior

Weathertech Digital Fit Floormats

GReddy Multi D/A Gauge (Boost, Oil Temperature, Oil Pressure)

Custom 62mm Vent Gauge Mount

Interior Lighting LED Conversion

Compustar P2W901SS Two Way Alarm / Remote Starter

15% FormulaOne Ceramic Tint

Autovation Heel Toe Gas Pedal

Exterior

Bayson R Front Lip

Subaru OEM Rear Spoiler

TommyKaira Rear Lip

Blacked Out Headlights with TSX Lens

Morimoto 35 Watt 5000k HID Kit

PIAA Yellow Foglights

VLED's LED Rear Brake Light Bulbs

Quad Taillight Illumination Mod (All taillights illuminate upon braking)

Optima Yellowtop Battery

Colormatched Front Grill

Oracal Rear Taillight Overlay (35%)

Primitive Racing Skidplate

Fumoto Drain Valve

Hella Horns (Stealth Mount)

Engine

Invidia Downpipe with High Flow Catalytic Converter

Invidia Q300 Catback (Modified to clear TommyKaira Rear Lip)

Crawford V2 AOS

RacerX TMIC

Perrin Throttle Body Coupler

Cobb Accessport V3

Stage II Dyno Tune (Innovative Tuning) @ 271 WHP 305 WTQ

Suspension / Drivetrain

Group N Transmission Mount

TIC Transmission Crossmember Bushings

Perrin Brass Shifter Bushing

STI Short Shifter

Perrin Shifter Stop

Racecomp Engineering 25.5mm Hollow Adjustable Front Swaybar

Racecomp Engineering 25.5mm Hollow Adjustable Rear Swaybar

Racecomp Engineering Tarmac II Coilovers

Brakes

2012 STI Brembo Brake Calipers, Powdercoated Lightning Silver

KNS 4K Dual Bolt Pattern Rotors

Carbotech 1521 Brake Pads

Wheels

Tenzo Cuzco 19 x 8.5 ET45

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 245/40/19

5mm 5x100 Hubcentric Spacers

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

2013 legacy 2.5 premium white daily driver with 235k miles
male - 43
civil engineer project manager
first oil guzzling subaru
mods: fumoto valve...that's about it

just trying to kick it down the road till my wife is out of her payments so i can get a new car

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scooby Fan said:

Whoa!! That's a lot of miles....are you the original owner?

By comparison my 2013 3.6R has just over 30,000 miles 🙂

yes...bought it new in 2013...getting approx. 600 miles per quart on this baby!