LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

I can't imagine how much fun it would be driving behind you in stop and go traffic with those! They'd be perfect if the flashing could be sensitive to vehicle speed, or perhaps have a timer so that they only did the flashing if the brakes had been off for say 30 seconds or something like that.

They do look good in terms of brightness, though!

i've seen those cropping up more and more recently. they're super effective at grabbing attention, but god damn are they annoying in stop and go like DrD said. still, if you want to be seen that you're braking, there's not much of a better way...maybe mount a horn that's tied to your brake pedal to the back bumper lol

Just an FYI, it sounds like these bulbs don't have an internal resistor. You will likely run into issues of dashboard lights because ours cars dont play well with LED brake bulbs that aren't run with a resistor

taken from this link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/3157-Flashing-BRK-LGT-2pc/759557591

Thanks for advice !

Well for now I don't have any issues I don't know about life of bulbs

I can't imagine how much fun it would be driving behind you in stop and go traffic with those! They'd be perfect if the flashing could be sensitive to vehicle speed, or perhaps have a timer so that they only did the flashing if the brakes had been off for say 30 seconds or something like that.

They do look good in terms of brightness, though!

I saw couple of cars and I really like it too :)

i've seen those cropping up more and more recently. they're super effective at grabbing attention, but god damn are they annoying in stop and go like DrD said. still, if you want to be seen that you're braking, there's not much of a better way...maybe mount a horn that's tied to your brake pedal to the back bumper lol

I agree with you but it look different, not every car has the same break lights so Subaru wants to be in highlights haha

Put on some 18x10 :O

yc9cjcM.jpg?1

awesome rims :)

Edited by grac3k

I agree with you but it look different, not every car has the same break lights so Subaru wants to be in highlights haha

Also illegal. (though unlikely to get enforced unless you get a police officer stuck behind you in stop and go traffic, I imagine)

https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/g1195/10-car-options-the-law-wont-let-you-have/

So you think all the states has the same law ?

Seems the only state you need to worry about is PA, where it looks like they are indeed illegal and carry a fine between $500-1000...

In title 75, chapter 43, subchapter D, Section 4571 it says "Vehicles prohibited from using signals. -- Except as otherwise specifically provided in this section,no vehicle other than an emergency vehicle may be equipped with revolving or flashing lights or audible warning systems identical or similar to those specified in subsections (a) and (b). A person who equips or uses a vehicle with visual or audible warning systems in violation of this section commits a summary offense and shall, upon conviction,be sentenced to pay a fine of not less than $500 nor more than $1,000."

In subsection (a) which it references above, it states "Every emergency vehicle shall be equipped with one or more revolving or flashing red lights and an audible warning system."

So in PA, flashing red lights on anything except an emergency vehicle is illegal and carries a fine of $500-1000, if an officer opts to pull you over and cite you for it. I am guessing if you are in stop and go traffic, where you are hitting the brakes a lot, it's going to be flashing sort of like an emergency vehicle, so there's a risk of being pulled over. (so the risk might be low, but the penalty is high)

I don't know the legality in my state, but I saw a WRX with them a couple months ago. I drove a car with illegal tint here for 8 years before finally getting a ticket. Took the tint off and had it inspected at the police station and they dismissed the ticket. Put new tint on a week later and drove another 2 years without incident before getting rid of the car.

• 2 weeks later...
Seems the only state you need to worry about is PA, where it looks like they are indeed illegal and carry a fine between $500-1000...

In title 75, chapter 43, subchapter D, Section 4571 it says "Vehicles prohibited from using signals. -- Except as otherwise specifically provided in this section,no vehicle other than an emergency vehicle may be equipped with revolving or flashing lights or audible warning systems identical or similar to those specified in subsections (a) and (b). A person who equips or uses a vehicle with visual or audible warning systems in violation of this section commits a summary offense and shall, upon conviction,be sentenced to pay a fine of not less than $500 nor more than $1,000."

In subsection (a) which it references above, it states "Every emergency vehicle shall be equipped with one or more revolving or flashing red lights and an audible warning system."

So in PA, flashing red lights on anything except an emergency vehicle is illegal and carries a fine of $500-1000, if an officer opts to pull you over and cite you for it. I am guessing if you are in stop and go traffic, where you are hitting the brakes a lot, it's going to be flashing sort of like an emergency vehicle, so there's a risk of being pulled over. (so the risk might be low, but the penalty is high)

PA my state :D that's true I agree with you risk is low but penalty is high but I like risk and I'll be driving untill they pull me over maybe I can dismiss ticket :lol: , you need to have your eyes around head when pressing break too much:lol:

• 1 month later...

Got tired of driving around wearing out my snow tires on dry paved roads.....according to the weather forecasters we were in for one of our coldest snowiest winter?? We had 2 days when there was actual snow falling....about 3 weeks ago we had about 2" of snow over night that turned to rain by mid day and was gone. Then a couple of days ago we got a dusting of wet snow in the morning but it was gone by noon.

So I spent about an hour today swapping out my snow tires, on OEM rims, and puts my OZ rims and Michelins back on.......The forecast for the next 2 weeks is pretty much just warm and wet.....Gotta love west coast winter ;)

WWrzAU8.jpg

Got tired of driving around wearing out my snow tires on dry paved roads.....according to the weather forecasters we were in for one of our coldest snowiest winter??

I never even bothered to put my snow tires on my Legacy GT this year. I took my GT out once this winter on 50 degree day when the road were clear and that has been it. I barely am driving my Outback with working from home. I drive less than 50 miles a week for errands and commuting at this point.

Moved into my place over the weekend and finally gave my Legacy a safe and comfy home. New place is wonderful, already loving it here. Move was a nightmare but I'm glad I did it. Legacy looks good in a garage. :)

Also dropped my Wangan SPL spoiler off for paint finally, and have a friend experienced in making mounting templates, so hoping to have that installed within the month.

UhdQVWm.jpg

4Z81cZK.jpg

E9LTzCo.jpg

gETVw04.jpg

I changed the 2 front parking lights and rear license plate lights in my car. Didn't even realize they were out lol. It wasn't until I had a complimentary inspection at the dealership where they noted it. Wanted $100+ to do it. Promptly said no thanks.

I changed the 2 front parking lights and rear license plate lights in my car. Didn't even realize they were out lol. It wasn't until I had a complimentary inspection at the dealership where they noted it. Wanted $100+ to do it. Promptly said no thanks.

:lol::lol::lol: they actually wanted over $100??? Cost me like $8 for like 12 LEDs and 10 minutes of time to do both sets of lights on my Legacy before I sold it.

Gotta pay for those complimentary inspections somehow :rolleyes:

Gotta pay for those complimentary inspections somehow :rolleyes:
I was there for a recall that never got performed. Otherwise, I wouldn't even bother taking my car there. Their service bays were definitely slower than I expected. Probably why they were pushing complimentary inspection to try and drum up some more business.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Wanted to see what 20x9 would look like, although they are not light I still prefer the look.

20X9 is a cool look on our cars. I wish it left about +5 more available tire than it does, and that lighter 20" options existed, but if it's a car that's never seeing track time, I do enjoy seeing 20s on our cars from time to time.

at 113k

- Front driver side brake caliper

- Serpentine belt

- Oil change

- Coolant drain

- Brake flush

- Power steering

- Rotate wheel/tires (two tires will be replace very soon)

- Installed LED yellow fog light bulbs

- Got an estimate on the body work

- Buff out few scratches

- Hood Latch is lube

- Windex inside the front windshield and rear view mirror

Edited by amusa