LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

IIII""mmm BAAACCCKK!! i recently purchased for my LGT a back up vehicle. thats right folks the LGT is officially my fun car that doesn't need to be back together every morning to get me to work. i got a 2017 chevy colorado with a diesel and i'm loving it, very quick to 25 with 375 lbft and that definitely helps it move my boat around too.... anybody heard anything about the charge pipe my old buddy S2 was trying to get made?

Ever since I bought my car I've wanted to replace the vintage looking nav unit. It's always had a distinct whir noise to it and its only gotten worse. Got my tax refund a few days ago and now a new head unit is on the way! :lol:

Went with the Kenwood DMX9707S and associated installation accessories. I'm planning on adding some other goodies along with it, so I'll try to do some detailed write ups.

You mean the one that I sent off to some random about a year or so more ago?...nope.

The dude got ghosted by the shop.

Just did a good deed a didn't care too much, was just a stock unit, and since I've been front mount and refabbed everything

You mean the one that I sent off to some random about a year or so more ago?...nope.

The dude got ghosted by the shop.

Just did a good deed a didn't care too much, was just a stock unit, and since I've been front mount and refabbed everything

well thats a bummer.

• 3 months later...

Finally took the plunge....bought 2 Thinkware dash cams...One for my car with rear camera included and one for Scooby Too's car.

I'll be installing them shortly........ Seems like we Canadians have started running Black Friday sales too....Best Buy had them on sale for just over $100 off previous price :)

I'll post on "What did you do to your 5th Gen" after I have them installed, wired and working.

I'm going to go with the power plug to start with and if I can get them mounted where I like them with the wiring suitably hidden I will go with that long term.....otherwise I'll hardwire them.

The ones I got come with loads of wire length (Even for the rear camera) so hiding the wire should be easy....Keep you all posted. ;)

sounds like the right way to do it. i don't have a rear one, but i can't imagine it'd be hard to run it down the c pillar trim to the floor, and under the door sill trims all the way up to the fuse box. front is easy enough, the wire can just tuck in behind the a pillar and down, everything kinda falls in to place nicely once you run it down the pillar.

Got it all done this morning..... Well almost all done.

I mounted the unit right under the mirror in the center/top of the windshield.... I tried it in a variety of other spots but that obviously gives the best view for the camera. This model comes with a GPS antenna as well so it is mounted right at the very top of the windshield beside the mirror wiring stem.

I ran the camera wire along in the tiny gap between the window glass and the headliner.... Nice of Subaru to make it so convenient ;) Likewise it goes in the same little slot along the A pillar and then into the dash through the end plate of the dash....along under the dash and into the center consul using the power plug in the center armrest..... all in all there is about 3 inches of exposed wire and you would have to look around to find that.

Very tidy installation and the unit seems to work great....super resolution!! Like watching HD TV :)

I have not mounted or wired the rear camera yet.....it is really small and will be easy to mount but the wiring may be a bit of a headache.....It comes with a long wire that just plugs into the rear camera and into a jack on the front unit.....simple but hiding all that wire is being left for another day.

if you're using the cigarette lighter in front of the shifter, the rubber mat pops up and there are some convenient holes that you can fish a wire through if you end up leaving it like that. my cam broke a few days ago and i ripped the wiring out otherwise i'd post a picture, but it made for a super tidy install, went straight from the cigarette adapter and was hidden away

GL with the rear one, if it has to run all the way up to the front camera too, that's gonna be annoying, might have to run the wire on the opposite side of the front so it can all tuck under the a pillar and head liner without forcing anything

I use the power plug in front of the shifter for other gadgets pretty regularly so the one in the armrest works well....been doing it this way with my 2006 LGT, 2012 Legacy 2.5i and now this one so it just feels right........Thanks for the tip though.... I'm going to consider the need for a rear camera for a while before I start ripping into it :(

I been thinking about "cheating" a bit and mounting it on the inside rear view mirror facing back....that would give a view of the inside of the car and out the back windshield....not sure about it, but easy and quick to try it.

I spent a little time checking out the options for wiring it in the rear window.....seems like the "best" way is through the headliner....not sure I want to tackle that just yet for something that is of marginal value. :(

Been a year and just shy of 3k miles lol but want to keep her healthy so some new juice. Will probably be either the last or 2nd to last change she gets from me.. Got the fumoto valve as well, naturally when I won't benefit from it very much lol 93414992cd38ece9535393368c0273c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Bought something that I said I wanted to buy on my very first post on this forum nearly 5 years ago: GT hood. Brand new, primered, and unpainted. I had been holding out a long time hoping one of the only 47 Ice Silver Metallic GT hoods in existence would pop up nearby and I could just do a straight swap, but this is pretty much the next best option since it's new and just needs to be painted. Price was excellent as well. Did a quick test fit, can't wait to get this sorted next year.

Also before anyone interjects, I plan to make this functional with a top-mount oil or trans cooler (maybe both).

1SKvVCL.png

KoSbJc1.png

uoBS09v.png

Also just ordered a pair of Group N front strut mounts as I've been having a creaking/binding/popping noise from my front passenger side while turning, and last night discovered that my 2.5 year old KYB strut mounts tore away from the center bearing. Used some amazon points to get the Group N set for around $125, gonna try to get them on this week.

Driver's side compared to passenger side. Definitely not supposed to look like that.

eDVgzMg.jpg

3EegHHv.jpg

Edited by Humble Rumble