LegacyGT.com

2005 legacy gt brembo question about pads?

I bought a 2005 LGT with brembo already installed on all 4 corners they are black in color. My question is what front brake pads do I order the part number is worn off and I can't read it. From what i have researched sounds like they are probably calibers from an 04+ sti so do I buy sti pads? Edited by legacy307

If they are STI Brembos, then yes, buy STI pads. Fitment should be the same for all year ranges, front and back, so just get pads for an STI.

One thing I'd check is if your front calipers are mounted with adapter brackets, or if they're bolted directly to the knuckle. If you have brackets, you'll need front pads for a 2013-2015 Cadillac ATS. Brackets would look like this (but may be black):

https://ctsvbrakeswap.com/collections/subaru-kits/products/frs-brz-gt-86-4-piston-ats-caliper-bracket-kit

Post a picture of both calipers and those on here with Brembos can help confirm what you have.

Pads are subjective.

What kind of driver are you?

Do you drive fast, then wait to the last minute to stop?

Or are you a average driver, with gradual stops?

What area of the country are you in? Weather is a factor in your choice.

Look here:

https://www.tirerack.com/content/tirerack/desktop/en/parts_accessories/brakes.html

Most of the time probably average I live in Wyoming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah looks like recoated STI brakes to me. I like the Akebono pads you can get on Rock Auto as a lower cost alternative to true performance pads. Reasonable bite once bedded in and they don't fade too bad, at least in tests I've done hauling down from speed over and over. Plenty fine for the street.