LegacyGT.com

2010 and 2005 Engine Specs

fehler1977

good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. I have a quick question. Does anyone know if the engine that they put in the 2010 legacy GT is the same as the engine they put in the 2005 to 2009 legacy GT series? I know the body style changed in 2010, but did the engine change as well? I'm about to go full some parts off of a 2010 LEGACY AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THEY'RE COMPATIBLE WITH MY 2005 LEGACY. THANKS IN ADVANCE

This should have gone in the 5th or 4th gen forum.

But the easy answer is that if the 2010 has a cam belt (black covers in the front of the engine) then it's an EJ25 engine or possibly an EJ20 depending on market and most of your parts should fit. The FA/FB engines have cam chains instead.

There are some differences, like variable cam timing and possibly sensors. The ECM is also different, at least when it comes to software but possibly also pinout in the connector. So it's possible that some of the parts you pull won't fit, but if it's the same base engine most should fit.

453747.png

If you are talking about a USDM Legacy GT, the turbo is in a different location, so all the exhaust stuff up front is different (no up-pipe/downpipe), there is a second oil pump (scavenger pump) for the new turbo location, a new rear cam cap for mounting it, one of the cam shafts is notched to drive the pump, the heads are different, there is dual-avcs instead of single (so the valve, etc. needed for that on the exhaust cams), the pistons are different, cam timing is different, valve springs are different, timing belt cover is different, right side valve cover is different, main oil pump is larger, oil filler duct is different, thermostat and water pump are different, oil cooler is different, turbo is different, as well as the air intake and intercooler, it uses different plugs, the throttle body is different, and the knock sensor is a little different.

If you go to the general chat forum into the vacation pictures thread, and look for 2010, there's a document in there that explains all the differences in more detail.

Holy mackerel. Yeah, that's a lot of differences. looks like the performance of the engine, however, maintained the same from 2005 through 2012. Something happened after 2012 and they started getting slower and slower and slower. I still can't believe how fast my 2005 LGT is. It's ridiculous. I bet it'll still do under 6 sec 0-60 with the AC on and 110 outside.

Sent from my Z851M using Tapatalk