LegacyGT.com

6 speed map

SpecDubC

So just checking my numbers but I have open SSM and btssm working with my VAGCOM cable and is there a way with either of those to check which map is running on the car as I just swapped a full spec b with the 6 spd trans into this car. Is it truly plug and play? BTSSM says it's running A2TB000N, is that correct for the 6spd? 2008 GT sedan ECU and chassis

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

If its any consolation, that are so few tables in the ECU that even reference gears from the transmission, the 6 speed will have no precievable effect on the way your motor works.

For example, I dug through my stock 2008 Spec B rom and here are all of the tables that referenced gearing:

N0DGl6yMcrGZnqEzgRSZfL5SL95NQ_fypcB0Ktlhe4tJvUKIw1Bf30vDpJo1ZrfJecwILT48rskwPhHHY1eJPfNU3tg_au3xCCxR1Y8zVQfZcBfSmD9Sz-71-vtBjjbpdOW_SfsWeK3og0dlMxL-YAArOgFrUtS9K3wUxZapj8hchW6DhwFtmMzYGnr-WSPjkiZs3h3Jxo48MAuaUpgNJ86ZHseu0AB2MqziOIc5M-7TMVSY3qmHPVKqIRklI30DO8cnc7LBHOQJvgMODS38gknh74cg4HFSh691lpYu82kokrIZ7nh7HlbR5FOrdCjrCdh49Rh-PCLOUZYOaIruzcZ4KlSg2Ady0-tEAFaYwsQh0ZnkML1h0muXsC7apK2Hg67TIbi1da-TZ5rmb0PtCgohYBK_dwSwm_-hQH3N6JW9OGEp-Tk-NSebS6Iy-FrmP9PqevLxm6yph_XJ_jNzcILBBNlPD6R-9QLek9eNNZxjTS3ZUjxjHEV_nQ6VqLIf1t8ZqkhyLJNC8L39vW4-uwH3cn0CdO96XFXg4zImYTAv5hUWFcBxdOQqs3fpBcOku3JkqILSg97Y4zYFKAAKUvSwXlCYYc3aKgWeKw588F04mfvCMmrjkZo87ljVj8GDyJUvd-fkRlZTKn42kuvVPjA4Lcp-HuPp3s01Curwle8QyFETbM9KzgP95DZz77j24wGk1Q=w2885-h1297-ft

The top 2 tables control if you want to modify your boost targets for first gear amd at what speed you want this compensation to stop, which from the factory is not even in use. In this instance, you could TECHNICALLY make a small modification here because of the different gearing ratios of first gear between the 6 speed and 5 speed. HOWEVER this works based off of a speed signal, NOT a gearing change, so unless you had the ecu already tuned to use this feature AND it was setup to PERFECTLY match your first gears top speed peak shift point, your not going to gain any benefit of re-tuning this parameter. More than likely your not setup at all in this field just like stock.

The 2nd larger table controls when your can switches from closed loop to open look fueling. Although tuners typically DO tune this field, you should also notice that 5th/6th gear is setup as the exact same field. This means whether your running in 5th gear or 6th gear, you are running the exact same compensation (AKA in ecu terms, If vehicle speed when compared to engine rpm is geared that what 5th gear would normally fall under, then consider this 5th OR 6th gear.AKA no tuning required because the ECU treats them the same.)

I hope this shed some light on why the 6 speed swap is purely a mechanical swap.

• 1 month later...
SpecDubC - do you live near Kipling and 285? Wondering if that's you I've seen on a few of my runs. Guessing not, unless you were rather quick to do the swap!
I'm in the Lakewood green mountain area but haven't been driving the car much yet. DGM with the dark spoke 17in wrx wheels and pioneer plates. I have finished it just replaced wheel hubs on the rear and upgraded to sti rack now just trying to get the power steering pump I refurbished to not leak.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Edited by SpecDubC