LegacyGT.com

That ugly bumper plug on my '17

Apologies in advance for asking about something I was sure I'd find in a previous post. I searched. Really, I did. I'm wondering if anyone who dislikes that cheapie plug over the space where the 3.6R right tail pipe hangs has successfully plugged the space and painted it over.

I'm thinking if bumper covers can be repaired, surely that spacer/plug thing can be permanently attached and the space filled in and smoothed over. Has anyone tried?

I thought when I bought the car that I could get used to it but 5 months in not so.

Apologies in advance for asking about something I was sure I'd find in a previous post. I searched. Really, I did. I'm wondering if anyone who dislikes that cheapie plug over the space where the 3.6R right tail pipe hangs has successfully plugged the space and painted it over.

I'm thinking if bumper covers can be repaired, surely that spacer/plug thing can be permanently attached and the space filled in and smoothed over. Has anyone tried?

I thought when I bought the car that I could get used to it but 5 months in not so.

Have you thought of caulking it?

I really suck at caulking but I also need something that will stand up to our really cold winters and that can be painted over. I should really just go to a good body shop, like the one that repaired my bumper cover a few years ago and ask the expert.

What if you remove the plug? Then it wouldn't bother you anymore.

Or go with a dual exhaust?

For the cost of sealing the gap and repainting the bumper, you might be able to have a 2nd pipe made to fill the hole.

Archived