LegacyGT.com

clutch engaging too high after new short block and tran sleeve kit install

tonystark0007

just got my short block install and also did the trans sleeve kit after driving it clutch feel different then before now the to engagement point is all the way up before it was more like halfway any suggestion? on this i had install the clutch 3 month prior to the shortblock thanks .

just got my short block install and also did the trans sleeve kit after driving it clutch feel different then before now the to engagement point is all the way up before it was more like halfway any suggestion? on this i had install the clutch 3 month prior to the shortblock thanks .

What year?

On my 05, you can adjust the clutch. In the FSM it is section CL-23. Here is a somewhat shortened summary.

Measure from seat to pedal and then again with pedal depressed. The distance should be 5.51". If it is not, your clutch needs adjustment.

To adjust, loosen the lock nut above the throttle pedal and turn the rod ccw to shorten or cw to lengthen.

After adjusting the rod, you will have to adjust the clutch cruise switch which is above the clutch pedal. The switch should have 0 clearance with the pedal.

Here is how to adjust the clutch pedal travel.

• 7 months later...

Archived