LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

You need to get those replaced ASAP...death trap waiting to happen and I am not over-reacting. DO NOT WAIT...you can have a major blow out at any time!!! Unfortunately, 4 new tires are in your immediate future. You car is out of alignment BAD.

Yes I am not driving the car at the time. I saw it and it was put in the garage and it won’t be driven. The Subaru dealership is around 20 miles away and I’m contemplating calling AAA to tow it there just to be extremely cautious.

I’m just happy that I caught it. I got out of the car on the driveway with the wheels turned but how often are you seeing the inside of your tires.. I was going to bring the car in to get the suspension looked at but that’s not an immediate issue but I’m happy to have found this when I did. Who knows I could’ve gone a few more days and I could’ve had a double blowout and a serious accident and a serious bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by 15LegacyRyan

Its either been scraping against something or you alignment is way off. And its been this way for a while. Just looking at thread wear pattern, it looks to be a something that could result from heavy negative camber. Did you have the car/ tires from when they were new? when was the last you checked alignment? Did you run a heavy negative camber on those tires even if it was for a short time?

Please do not drive on a highway till you get them replaced. And weather you are happy or not, it is something that needs to be done. If those blow at highway speeds it will be a lot more that a set of wheels and tires.

The wheels and tires are all stock from Subaru. Subaru did the alignment and the tires. I haven’t touched the suspension.

No disrespect to you- just constructive criticism but I think the red lip proector looked good in the renderings. Seeing it on your car I don't think it looks that great especially on your paint color. I think your car would look cleaner without it.

I felt the same way when I first installed it, I was hoping they had the black rubber, but they didn’t so I went with the cherry, but it’s a cheap part, so I’ll roll with it for a while and then I can simply replace it with black.

I could always get a spray can and change the color to black :p

Yes I am not driving the car at the time. I saw it and it was put in the garage and it won’t be driven. The Subaru dealership is around 20 miles away and I’m contemplating calling AAA to tow it there just to be extremely cautious.

I’m just happy that I caught it. I got out of the car on the driveway with the wheels turned but how often are you seeing the inside of your tires.. I was going to bring the car in to get the suspension looked at but that’s not an immediate issue but I’m happy to have found this when I did. Who knows I could’ve gone a few more days and I could’ve had a double blowout and a serious accident and a serious bill.

GREAT to hear and so happy you caught it. Just understand that ALL FOUR tires will need to be replaced and not just the front two based on our cars having AWD. If you can find a shop that can shave two tires down to the tread depth of the rears that would be better but most shops do not have that capability. May want to reach out to Tire Rack too. In the end, I would just replace with 4 new tires and call it a day once they determine what caused it. If your dealer can find the root of the issue and it was in manufacturing, you can probably get them to replace all 4 tires for you. Keep us posted and I highly recommend you have a flat bed take it to the dealer and not drive it even 20 miles...better safe than sorry my friend!

The wheels and tires are all stock from Subaru. Subaru did the alignment and the tires. I haven’t touched the suspension.

Its pretty strange for that to happen. It'll be a tough battle for a warranty claim, saying its a wear item. Try to just take it to your closest tire shop and have them check and print you the current alignment specs on the car. I can't imagine that the dealer would have forgotten to tighten bolts on both sides and cause the camber to fall to the limit.

Depending on what it is and when you had your last alignment, you should ask to speak with the service manager.

If all that is in order, you can try contacting good year and see what they are willing to do. I don't see that the Eagle LS2 is covered under their thread life warranty, but wouldn't hurt to give them a call. Worst case they say no, best case they give you a new set.

If you are not strapped on funds, I'd just get a better tire. Continental has a $70 rebate one some tires for a set of 4 tires till the end of the month.

Make sure you find the root cause of the wear before putting on the new tires. Because if it was something with the suspension, just changing tires will bring them to the same fate.

how often are you seeing the inside of your tires...

Unfortunately with all the grease monkeys out there and the state of roads in most cities, its better to check once in a while. I usually take a peek when I'm getting gas. Stick the nozzle in and take a walk around, run your finger across the surface of each tire to look for uneven wear or if one of them was getting hotter than the others, cracks on side walls etc. Once it becomes a habit, it won't feel so much of a chore and you'll catch stuff like this much sooner.

No disrespect to you- just constructive criticism but I think the red lip proector looked good in the renderings. Seeing it on your car I don't think it looks that great especially on your paint color. I think your car would look cleaner without it.

I agree with you,I think black would be better on the car.

Just opened the package:)

At first I was worried about the quality of it,but I gotta say it’s very well made,it comes with the hardware and 2 STi stickers and a STi alloy badge.

Install will be tom morning..

Just received mine today. I definitely agree with you on the quality. Honestly had I not known this was a replica I would believe it was a $400 lip! I am impressed by the quality and the experience with that seller on eBay. For $140 you can't go wrong at all. I don't know why anyone would spend $400 or more to get it from japanparts when the quality on this replica is so good. The finish is super smooth that it doesn't need to be painted but I'm probably going to paint mine gloss black.

Just received mine today. I definitely agree with you on the quality. Honestly had I not known this was a replica I would believe it was a $400 lip! I am impressed by the quality and the experience with that seller on eBay. For $140 you can't go wrong at all. I don't know why anyone would spend $400 or more to get it from japanparts when the quality on this replica is so good. The finish is super smooth that it doesn't need to be painted but I'm probably going to paint mine gloss black.

True,for the price of it it’s a good deal,I’m going to leave color alone for now,maybe in the future I’ll paint semi gloss black to match the splitter.

Post pic when you get it installed,I went ahead and used bolts/washers due to splitter weight.

I’ll probably message the seller and ask if he can or plan making spoiler for our car,I’m not digging the oem one.

By the time I found out about the replica it was too late. Someone is gonna be bound to overspend like me lol.

Red is growing on me, it looks great at night.

True,for the price of it it’s a good deal,I’m going to leave color alone for now,maybe in the future I’ll paint semi gloss black to match the splitter.

Post pic when you get it installed,I went ahead and used bolts/washers due to splitter weight.

I’ll probably message the seller and ask if he can or plan making spoiler for our car,I’m not digging the oem one.

I would probably wouldn’t even paint, just vinyl wrap it and then dump it and get another wrap in a year. It’s bound to get chipped and scratched.

The coating that comes on the lip won't hold up well especially to the sun. I've had another lip with the same finish and within a few months it became flat black changing to a dark gray instead of the original matte black.

The coating that comes on the lip won't hold up well especially to the sun. I've had another lip with the same finish and within a few months it became flat black changing to a dark gray instead of the original matte black.

I’ll wait till it starts to turn gray then I’ll paint it either matte black or semi gloss,since I’m watiing on my quick latch release for the bumper

I got myself a winter set up, wheels and tires. The whole thing came to about $800. Now I just gotta wait for the snow!

Decided to go with the conti winter contact si 215/60R17 to reduce the bulge that the 225 gets on the 7.5 rim and a little extra side wall.

IMG_20180613_1802580.thumb.jpg.4e5d816e1b290d78685333eb4ccc8af6.jpg

IMG_20180613_1803144.thumb.jpg.06a1c1d42fbef67fb3dc5de7c1294c53.jpg

I got myself a winter set up, wheels and tires. The whole thing came to about $800. Now I just gotta wait for the snow!

Decided to go with the conti winter contact si 215/60R17 to reduce the bulge that the 225 gets on the 7.5 rim and a little extra side wall.

Nice setup 👍

Nice setup 👍

Thanks! The wheels balanced good. They ended up removing the long factory weights that were on there. I don't have the sensors, so it would have offset where the weights were needed.

Nicely done! The taller, thinner tires will likely be advantageous. The tires were probably cheaper, too, right?

The Contis worked really well on my Civic for the few seasons I had them (my brother-in-law has the car now, with the tires - no reported issues this past winter, which was pretty crappy). When my Forester (with X-Mode...and stock, half-worn tires...) was unable to get out of our parking lot after a big snow a couple of years ago, while the Civic (and Conti snows) plowed the little car right through it! Everyone helping shovel out gave me crap based on how poorly the Foz did.

Ever since getting Blizzaks on the Foz, it does a million times better than before, and will get up and go a billion times better than the Civic. I never measured, but the lighter, smaller Civic seemed to stop in a shorter distance when driving on light snow/icy conditions, which surprised me. The Foz definitely had the advantage in heavier, deeper snow, since the Civic tended to lose traction upon high-centering more easily.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Legacy is in the hands of the new owner now. It was great for the 3+ years and 39k miles I had it for. Kind of sad to see it go but I know it'll be appreciated by my friend who bought it.

I'll definitely miss the Legacy's smooth ride but the WRX is a blast to drive. With my dad's new FXT we now have 3 FA20DITs in the garage:lol:

I still have some stuff for sale in the classifieds section so check there if you're looking for accessories:p

The tires were probably cheaper, too, right?

Not by a whole lot. I think the difference was about 10 bucks a tire.

The Contis worked really well on my Civic for the few seasons I had them (my brother-in-law has the car now, with the tires - no reported issues this past winter, which was pretty crappy).

Good to hear. I used to have the Hankook ipike on my previous car, and those were amazing. I would plough through snow and corner like I was glued down. The thread pattern was great at just throwing snow/slush outward through the huge channels. But those in the 215 or 225 were almost $150 a piece vs the conti with the rebate came close to a $100. This will be my first experience with conti and I've seen good reviews, so we'll see how I like them.

Ever since getting Blizzaks on the Foz, it does a million times better than before, and will get up and go a billion times better than the Civic.

I had a bad experience with bridgestone once and would never pay to get that brand. I'm sure they are great tires, just not for me.

I think I’d choose the Conti’s over the Bridgestones, to be honest, even bough I don’t have any experience with them in anything other than the Civic. However, the Civic was actually much quieter with the Contis’s, which was unexpected. The Blizzaks are much louder on both the Foz and the Leggy. With that said, Blizzak’s previous gen were actually pretty quiet on my ‘08 STI, even though I recall the tread pattern being very similar to the latest gen (WS70 vs 80).

Regardless, snow vs all-season is a pretty major difference. On really bad days, a drive turns from white-knuckle to adventurous and fun.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where