LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

More close up pics:

FCV0moG.jpg

58Lk7qp.jpg

Very lightweight, but the material feels very solid. Overall I like it a lot.

Install will happen on Tuesday, I’m not comfortable with drilling, I have a friend that works at ur Subaru dealership as a tech, I’ll have him do it. Don’t want to mess such expensive parts by dong it myself.

When you install yours,I recommend using a bolt/nut or plastic push pins to secure the lip.

I second this, and suggest you use the plastic push pins instead of nut/bolt/washer.

I installed mine with nuts, bolts and washers and it was on there solid. That was the problem though. I accidently bumped it, and because it was so securely connected to the bumper it ripped it off the bottom leaving a gaping hole where each of the front bolts were attached. Because I used washers, the holes that were left were huge, and mounting anything under there was pointless unless I got a new bumper.

Had I used the plastic push pins, there's a better chance that those would have snapped or released the lip, which would have caused less damage all around.

I second this, and suggest you use the plastic push pins instead of nut/bolt/washer.

I installed mine with nuts, bolts and washers and it was on there solid. That was the problem though. I accidently bumped it, and because it was so securely connected to the bumper it ripped it off the bottom leaving a gaping hole where each of the front bolts were attached. Because I used washers, the holes that were left were huge, and mounting anything under there was pointless unless I got a new bumper.

Had I used the plastic push pins, there's a better chance that those would have snapped or released the lip, which would have caused less damage all around.

True on that bolt/washers,as of right now,I have self tapping screws that is holding the STi front lip on,but when i get I chance to add my splitters I’ll replace them with plastic push pins,then I’ll use bolt/washers to mount the splitter on the STi lip.

Everyone has their own experience with their car... seems now my suspension is going out. I’m thinking the wheel bearings?... car gets above 50 and the shakes are slight, gets above 70 and the car shakes uncontrollably. The steering wheel vibrates unbelievably crazy. It’s an arm workout basically [emoji23]. I have had nothing but issues with this car. Couldn’t go 4000 miles after the engine rebuild without having another problem. Will be in contact with subaru. I’m at 59,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the stuff that came with my package

GPPnfT2.jpg

VGWo6PN.jpg

gE6gsfc.jpg

I am also not sure now if I should install the red cherry thing. I think leaving it without it it would really pop. But adding the red cherry under lip rubber might bring the sporty look of the car.

Everyone has their own experience with their car... seems now my suspension is going out. I’m thinking the wheel bearings?... car gets above 50 and the shakes are slight, gets above 70 and the car shakes uncontrollably. The steering wheel vibrates unbelievably crazy. It’s an arm workout basically [emoji23]. I have had nothing but issues with this car. Couldn’t go 4000 miles after the engine rebuild without having another problem. Will be in contact with subaru. I’m at 59,000 miles.

One or more of your wheel weights may have fallen off. If you haven't already, get your wheels balanced before checking other things.

You can also check the bearings by just jacking up the car (one wheel at a time if you just have the emergency scissor jack). Any tire shop will be able to check too.

Wow. I didn’t think it would take me over an hour. Everything was really dirty. Installed Powerstop rotors and ceramic pads on the front. Old pads had about 2mm left at 66700 miles. Figured I’d better do them now before we drive to Fort Bragg next week.

Let’s hope I get another 60k+ out of these.

Parts were $175 shipped from rockauto.

True on that bolt/washers,as of right now,I have self tapping screws that is holding the STi front lip on,but when i get I chance to add my splitters I’ll replace them with plastic push pins,then I’ll use bolt/washers to mount the splitter on the STi lip.

I get what you guys are saying about it being too solid with nuts and bolts but I hate those plastic push connectors! They are always a pain in the ass to get off once they become hard and brittle. I've had good experiences on my other cars using nuts and bolts so I dunno what I'm gonna do yet. My lip should be here Wednesday.

Here is the jdm lip installed, the red under lip unfortunately it’s not cooperating staying straight, it’s because they sent it to me all rolled up.

But I’m hoping with the heat it would start forming better.

Here is the pics, I’ll take better ones later:

TpOR5Pk.jpg

sgS9dbM.jpg

GXeZ5AU.jpg

bxmHB5B.jpg

Can someone shed some light on this... when filming a video on my car I noticed that the inside of my tires are chording... these tires have about 10,000 miles on them. I haven’t touched the suspension so when I bring the car in I will talk to Subaru about this. I will not happy if I have to buy new tires...

c180a13a9c70090dea85455d94f74443.jpgefd5528ac52e825e3438ceeaac8f9fb0.jpg

You need to get those replaced ASAP...death trap waiting to happen and I am not over-reacting. DO NOT WAIT...you can have a major blow out at any time!!! Unfortunately, 4 new tires are in your immediate future. You car is out of alignment BAD.

@15LegacyRyan: Model Year 2015 and only 10,000 miles on the tires? What size wheels and tires are those? Are they OE spec ... exactly? It looks like the tires may be rubbing against something.

I also see aftermarket splash guards in one pic. What else is not original equipment?

You need to get those replaced ASAP... DO NOT WAIT...

I can't emphasize this enough!

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Can someone shed some light on this... when filming a video on my car I noticed that the inside of my tires are chording... these tires have about 10,000 miles on them. I haven’t touched the suspension so when I bring the car in I will talk to Subaru about this. I will not happy if I have to buy new tires...

Its either been scraping against something or you alignment is way off. And its been this way for a while. Just looking at thread wear pattern, it looks to be a something that could result from heavy negative camber. Did you have the car/ tires from when they were new? when was the last you checked alignment? Did you run a heavy negative camber on those tires even if it was for a short time?

Please do not drive on a highway till you get them replaced. And weather you are happy or not, it is something that needs to be done. If those blow at highway speeds it will be a lot more that a set of wheels and tires.

No disrespect to you- just constructive criticism but I think the red lip proector looked good in the renderings. Seeing it on your car I don't think it looks that great especially on your paint color. I think your car would look cleaner without it.