LegacyGT.com

Will Koni Sport Yellows fit the 6th Gen?

So 5th gen springs will fit but not 5th gen coilovers? Are those ksport coilovers new and are there any reviews out there? I heard about ksport recently but dont know if they're quality or budget

So 5th gen springs will fit but not 5th gen coilovers? Are those ksport coilovers new and are there any reviews out there? I heard about ksport recently but dont know if they're quality or budget
This has been covered a whole bunch of times in the 6th Gen section.

Got to peep Da Roo's car in person over the weekend. Looks excellent with the 1" drop even with stock wheels, can't wait to see what else he decides to do with it. Really glad for all the 6th gen guys that the Koni's worked out, such a great option for livability and function, and racetrack fun if you want it.

twZUZEl.jpg

9Ze8rgz.jpg

I went ahead and ordered the Konis for now. Next will be springs. Are you re using your factory strut top mounts or did you get new ones? I'm having flashbacks of doing my wrx's springs n shocks and torqing off the studs only hand tightening them. I'll be using a torque wrench this time to avoid that headache.

If I can get my hands on the right tools I'll be doing it. If not, I'll gather some money together and pay someone.

I'm not going the Eibach route anymore after learning they are probably the softest spring option and maybe softer than factory just lower. I like RCE but their legacy springs RCE-RG275-LG10 are the black (regular guy) springs as opposed to their yellow sports. The blacks said in the description they chose a spring rate to mate great with stock dampers. I e-mailed them saying about how we're finding out the koni yellows work with our cars so will they make a yellow spring for those of us who will have sportier dampers incase anyone else might be wondering this too.

Edited by JRu17

Eibachs are stiffer than stock, about 20%. I might be wrong but the H&R with the Konis might cause you to bottom out once in a while. The koni is a little shorter itself.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Eibachs are stiffer than stock, about 20%. I might be wrong but the H&R with the Konis might cause you to bottom out once in a while. The koni is a little shorter itself.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Eibachs are about 15-20% stiffer than OEM 2010 Legacy wet noodle springs which are something like 170lb springs, so right around 200lbs. I would assume that the stock 2015 Legacy springs are right around 190lbs, so marginally stiffer. The difference is the progressive rate ramps up faster than the stock springs.

You won't bottom out with H&R's on Konis. The H&R's are stiffer and the Koni is shorter yes, on full extension, but offers increased compression travel over stock shock, like 1.25" worth. It's all in my Koni thread. I bottomed out in the front with H&R's on stock shocks, but have never bottomed out since my Koni install.

Edited by GTEASER

• 1 month later...

4d9e48629f598f5ba05f07e17c46651b.png

c92fa8e60d9f07ed28d938fc6cfcf0a1.png

Should I get everything except the strut and spring in this picture, such as the nuts and bolts and dust cover and upper strut mount, new so everything will go smoother or does the koni come with any hardware, I haven't opened the boxes yet

Edited by JRu17

4d9e48629f598f5ba05f07e17c46651b.png

c92fa8e60d9f07ed28d938fc6cfcf0a1.png

Should I get everything except the strut and spring in this picture, such as the nuts and bolts and dust cover and upper strut mount, new so everything will go smoother or does the koni come with any hardware, I haven't opened the boxes yet

All new parts come with hardware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
So there will be mounting bolts and nuts with the konis? I'm jus trying to make sure installation goes as smoothly as possible

Yep yep. They will include everything that needs changed. If it didn’t come with something, that means you are fine to stick with the OEM pieces. I did not need to buy anything else.

If you are adding Eibach springs I would plan on bringing the tophat, springs, and strut with koni insert for the fronts ONLY to a shop to have them put it together. The rental macpherson at autozone will not compress it enough. Rears are a cakewalk though. My buddy at a shop had to max his machine out to get the fronts together. I hope to never have to take them off as compressing that much will be terrifying lol

• 7 months later...
:'( RCE springs are discontinued, I waited too long
They have been discontinued for a year or two now. Either Eibach or H&R are your best bet and Eibach has discontinued them as well. But rumor has it there are some sets left, and you have to order them directly from Eibach.

• 2 weeks later...

Been running this setup for almost a year now. I don’t remember but am running either .75 or 1 turn all the way around on the konis.

Ride is great and smooth, no odd sounds or creaks. The car feels a lot more reactive from what I remember. Definitely the best mod I have done to the car and worth it to enjoy driving

Would be interested in riding in a stock 6 gen to see the difference