LegacyGT.com

08 Legacy GT

casey.mi

Im looking at a "handyman special" Legacy GT from a dealer. Its about $5k and it needs around 2k into fixing it (control arms, tie rods, both headlight assemblies). Nothing is wrong with the engine (what the dealer told me today) but i am going down there March 31st to go look at it. Is there anything i should look for that might be an issue down the road? It has 156k Mi. Also, i can get this work done at a discounted rate (about a grand taken off of repairs because its a handyman special) so should i just do the work myself or have them do it?

Picture of the Info:

http://prntscr.com/iul2wt

Picture of the Repair Estimate:

http://prntscr.com/iul3am

Let me know your opinions on if this would be a good deal! Look forward to hearing your input!

• Moderators

Looks like it's in Gaithersburg, MD.

OP, seems kinda sketch that it's a "handyman special" but they are also willing to fix it at a "discount." As already mentioned, you will want to have an actual compression test done on the motor. If you purchase it, I would say do the work yourself--some of the repair numbers are pretty high, i.e. close to $1k for a pair of head lights. Check the book value yourself also, if it's actually $6500 as they indicate then $5k with the required repairs seems high.

Good luck.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Its in gaithersburg. im going to bring my obd reader and compression tester. I havent went to go look at it yet. i have it set up for 3-31 to go see it. The price for the pair of headlights kind of gives me this thought that there is nothing wrong with them and its just something simple. they just look fogged up in the listing. book value is $6572. The bulk of it really is those headlights. The dealer stated they needed to be replaced to pass MD inspection. I will update this after i see the car. Thank you for your help

Archived