LegacyGT.com

Tgv deletes

Like doobaruGT said. Better flow, so slightly more power. And no more codes tripped from one of the 4 stepper motors failing. My tuner recommends adjusting the tune after removing them. You would have to have some kind of tune to at least turn off the code or the car will forever keep tripping codes with the motors removed.

Then injectors, and all the other crap bolted on it. Not all that bad though, did mine at the same time as doing the air pump delete, definately worth considering doing that at the same time.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

I've never done the swap but I've heard theres alot to take apart. But yes it is a direct swap. I'm a mechanic so taking stuff apart doesn't bother me but if its your first time taking the manifold off I'd take pics with your phone and put bolts in labeled bags. Makes it much easier to put everything back together. I know there is fuel lines under there that may be starting to get brittle. Be careful with them.

Also while in there if you still have the old style intake o rings makes sure you get the later updated style. Will fix a potential air leak later.

It is a bit of a PITA. The bolts aren't terrible to remember as they're mostly either short stubby ones to anchor fuel lines or 6" bolts for the TGV risers. Might be a good idea to just buy extra fuel line and be prepared or just replace them altogether.

It's also a great opportunity to do an oil feed upgrade. Getting that hard line out with the IM on is a big pain.

I'm not trying to tell you to buy a bunch of stuff, just let you know it's easier if you're already taking the IM off.

Oh, and phenolic spacers if you like the thought of them. ;)

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

I think I'm planning on doing this myself later this year, looking to collect some parts for this.

If I can find a cheap enough used LGT/WRX manifold I'm going to pick it up. But considering I am going to be going TGV delete + top feed injectors, rails & lines is a secondary manifold even needed.

Plan was to buy the manifold and mock everything up on it, then swap everything over, sorry if its a noobish question I haven't looked at the manual and I'm just wondering.

Depending on what you mean by, "later this year", you may be in luck. I have almost everything you need to do the swap and I think I'll be parting my car out in about 6 weeks. I have the IAG billet TGV deletes, top feed injectors with pig tails, and an upgraded FPR. I have lines, but they aren't any special upgrade IIRC. I also have the IAG oil kit should you decide to tackle that.

If it works out and in both our interests, I'll hang on to them for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

Sorry to threadjack,but it's kinda related... Is it possible to put on the deletes,and just leave the motors plugged in (but not bolted on) in case you can't get rid of the CEL right away?

Thanks,Zack K.

Sorry to threadjack,but it's kinda related... Is it possible to put on the deletes,and just leave the motors plugged in (but not bolted on) in case you can't get rid of the CEL right away?

Thanks,Zack K.

You'd need to rig something up to hold the rod between the motor and sensor on the '05-'07 cars. On the '07+ cars you can just do the motor, as the sensor is built into it.

Archived