LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy Aftermarket stereo w/ Auto Climate

I have researched on the forum. I see that you are able to put the cubby mount for a radio and it leaves the stock in my question is what type of harness do you need for this and how to wire it to keep climate controls working and where can it be bought and where can the mount be bought. I saw the Kit to remove stock unit but i dont think its worth the 350. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

******EDIT******

^^ That won't work for people with auto climate controls, only manual.

My bad!

Well, it's not JDM so I'm sure alot of ppl will hate on it, but here's another alternative to dropping $300 to install a $350 dollar DVD player....

http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/vehicle-search-results/?applicationGuideID=13619&make=SUBARU&year=2005&model=LEGACY+%28Rotary+A%2FC+Controls%29

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

^^^^this. He'll also provide instructions with the wiring as well. It's almost better and easier getting the JDM unit to replace the factory stereo. you can always switch back to stock stereo resale the JDM unit for a fair price. Having two radios looks dumb IMHO

Those harnesses from Scosche won't cut it -- both genders are missing the ORANGE/WHITE illumination(-) lead. The OEM HU and HVAC controls require that for their lighting to work. Also, those antenna adapters won't work -- Legacy/Outback HUs use Subaru's proprietary antenna connector.

See this thread. Pics in the first post are currently dead, but there is discussion and pictures later about the harnesses.

To connect your new HU to the car's antenna, you'll want a Subaru antenna adapter (I have those too). I don't recommend trying to keep the OEM radio connected to the antenna -- just switch to the new HU.

It's better to contact me via e-mail. See my homepage.

Archived