LegacyGT.com

info needed --newbie to legacy

hi all, got a bit of a strange query on my 95 gt auto there is a push button switch just in front of the gear selector, i have no idea what its for, i have tried pressing it obviously but nothing happens, please could anyone tell me what its supposed to do.

thanks in advance, craig

Could that be the "Power mode" button?....If so you would find that the car revs to 4500 rpm before shifting instead of 3000 rpm. The car would actually downshift when you press on the pedal....instead of having to slam the pedal to the floor to get the car to do that.

• I Donated
Its "power" mode in the first gen. My 93 had that. A green light that says "power" should light up on the dash when you push it. It changes the shift points of the transmiasion

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Its "power" mode in the first gen. My 93 had that. A green light that says "power" should light up on the dash when you push it. It changes the shift points of the transmiasion

That's so awesome. Subarus are awesome haha.

OP lists his car as a 95 (2nd gen) and is in the London, UK area so good chance it's a ROW 2nd gen model feature that we don't have here.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

When I replaced the inhibitor switch I didn't adjust it correctly so the car wouldn't start and you couldn't shift out of park. The button that I pointed out when pressed allowed me to move the gear selector. I think it also allows you to shift to neutral if you don't have a key or need to be towed. It shouldn't do anything while you are driving.

As far as the power mode button, I have yet to find that on my SS. I do have a 'Manual' button on the side of the gear selector, near the top of the shifter. That allows me to limit what gear the transmission will shift into. I have only seen my green 'Power' light come on a few times and it was during high boost a while back and hasn't come on in weeks. So idk wtf that light means or how to get it to turn on. Where is the power button? lol.

edit: I'll try pushing that button tomorrow while driving and see if the 'Power' light comes on. :)

When you post a reply, click on 'Go Advanced' at the bottom of the text window, click 'Manage Attachments', a little window will pop up, use 'browse' to select your pics, then click the 'upload' button. Then submit your post.

Other people have a flickr or photobucket account and they just post a link to the pic.

You can also do "Post a Quick Reply" and upload pictures from your photobucket, imageshack or other picture hosting using the Insert Image icon at the top of the PQR box.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived