LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I have one that I will be parting with soon it was baptized in Amsoil!!! Roughly 3k on it pm me if anyone wants one now with no core!

ClimberD will an 05' from LGT work with an 05' OBXT?

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

the gear ratios are different.. you will need to change rear diff also. and tcu and you may have some other problems related to speedo.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Do we know what know the limits of the Hexmods valvebody, and a trans cooler?

I know on the 1st page it says they think its 350/350, but are people running more?

I say 350/350 at the wheels to be safe, but I have several customers running at 400+/400+ at the wheels, with no issues except some small finicky shifting on occasion (due to the TCU). You will of course go through transmissions faster with 400wtq than 175wtq, but not at a crazy rate. If you're already at that power, then you already understand that all your maintenance schedules are sped up.

the gear ratios are different.. you will need to change rear diff also. and tcu and you may have some other problems related to speedo.

As Frank said, the OBXT has a shorter final drive in the front and rear diff than the LGT. The final drive ratios in the front and rear need to match. So if you switch one, you need to switch both. As frank said, you either need to swap the front diff or the rear diff's ring and pinion set. Just more time and potentially more money.

Some autocrossers and road racers want the OBXT ratio in their LGTs. Conversely, more do-everything setups like Frank and myself want the longest ratio possible, so we stick to the LGT ratios.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

my question is are just the valve bodys interchangable between LGT and OBXT oF the same year? Edited by SCASEYS

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

• 1 month later...

Hurry up!

My '06 5EAT puts out periodic 0700 codes now that I am running

a BW EFR 6258 turbo on E85...

Thinking of upgrading to a 60lb/min EFR 7163 soon,

will need to upgrade the tranny then or soon after...

Thanks!

• Mega Users
0700 is just an indicator that there is a code stored in the TCU. It doesn't refer to a specific problem. It's just a trigger for the CEL to come on. There are a whole slew of TCU codes that the 0700 could be referring to. Use a vag-com and freessm to read the TCU for codes, or the onboard reader if it works for TCU codes.

• 4 weeks later...

Aug 2013

New buyers of the F1, please keep in touch. I always like to hear how the car is accepting the new, very aggressive settings.

I got the F1 core exchange from Dave last June for my 04/05 Outback, best possible mod I could have done.

Whole exchange process went without a hitch, to Australia.

Enjoying the rewards as much as supercharging the EZ30R, perhaps more!

Dave, when did you start the new very aggressive settings?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just replied to all PMs (have been working double time in the shop to wrap up a big project, so have been mostly offline).

You should have reply now.

08s are to be handled in the future. TBD. As always, it doesn't exist until it exists, so don't bet the farm on it. I've been a poor judge of predicting the future so far.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

ClimberD, I now have about 8k miles on my F1'd 06 5EAT and since the original install I noticed that the light load / moderate load 3 > 4 shift has been very slow and recently is getting worse it seems. Under full load the shift is crisp and fairly quick, not as quick as other changes but acceptable. But when in manual mode in third and upshift to 4th off throttle the rpm will to drop to almost idle then 4th will bang in 3-4 seconds later. When at light loads it is much better and when at high load it's mostly fine. Downshifts into 4th are smooth at all load and throttle conditions. I have done a reset and relearn of the TCU in the past to try to sort it out but it didn't seem to help. Is there anything you need me to log in RR to see what the issue is?