LegacyGT.com

Suspension camber in the rear

So I've been chasing down this issue for about a month now. It all started when I noticed the wheels were slightly tilted inward. Almost looks like the rear suspension have been tuned. Please see picture. I thought maybe that slant was due to the wheel bearing being worn out or something. However, I replace both wheel bearings now and that did not fix the issue. Then I thought maybe it was the shock and struts. Replace both struts as last weekend. Still have camber in the rear tires. I'll also replace the drive shaft or propeller shaft going back to the pumpkin. That didn't help either. So now I've got these tires that won't line up parallel with the front tires, and it's causing severe where is shoes on the inside of the tires, as you can imagine. Or smile, I'm starting to hear a growling noise coming from the pumpkin area, or differential, of the rear end. It's very subtle but it's there. I have a feeling the noise is coming from these tires not being perfectly straight. Nonetheless, I need to get them straight. Any ideas on how to get them lined up with the front?

Sent from my SM-A015AZ using Tapatalk

Get an alignment. That should be step 1.
Yes, however, I saw that they would not touch an alignment job before addressing any sort of suspension issues that might be present. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. The front ones are fine, it's just the rear ones are pointed inwards. It almost looks like it's been tuned for racing suspension or somethingb92b16dae4e902d0a2db23fa9a4d54f3.jpg

Who's they?

If in USA, take to any firestone shop and ask for lifetime alignment.

None of the things you replaced have anything to do with camber. You might stick your phone under the rear end and snap sone pics. It's likely your rear suspension components are completely worn out or you bought it from a wanna-be ricer who added aftermarket suspension bits and messed with the camber. Regardless, its an easy adjustment.

Firstly make sure your rear suspension bushings are in good shape, especially the upper control arm inner bushing. These are notorious to wear out and can cause excessive negative camber.

Secondly, I have the same problem on my car, but only on the right side. I haven't been able to figure out why without throwing parts at it. I suspect it's either the knuckle or upper control arm that might be slightly bent. I don't know what the above poster is talking about that it's an easy adjustment. There is no rear camber adjustment from the factory, only toe, which has a slight influence on camber but nowhere near that much.

Who's they?

If in USA, take to any firestone shop and ask for lifetime alignment.

None of the things you replaced have anything to do with camber. You might stick your phone under the rear end and snap sone pics. It's likely your rear suspension components are completely worn out or you bought it from a wanna-be ricer who added aftermarket suspension bits and messed with the camber. Regardless, its an easy adjustment.

Firstly make sure your rear suspension bushings are in good shape, especially the upper control arm inner bushing. These are notorious to wear out and can cause excessive negative camber.

Secondly, I have the same problem on my car, but only on the right side. I haven't been able to figure out why without throwing parts at it. I suspect it's either the knuckle or upper control arm that might be slightly bent. I don't know what the above poster is talking about that it's an easy adjustment. There is no rear camber adjustment from the factory, only toe, which has a slight influence on camber but nowhere near that much.

Good evening. Yes, it was a suspension issue. Bushing for just worn the hell out. Can you just buy the bushings without having to replace the whole control on or is it best just to replace all the suspension component?

control arms are cheap. just replace the arms. a quick search on rockauto.com shows that you wont be spending much more than $70 per arm depending on which ones you are replacing.
Yes sir. Good advice. Was bushings in the rear suspension are worn the hell out I didn't realize how bad they were until I looked at them