LegacyGT.com

Picture request: JDM headlights/Depo reps on an ABP car

Pleides

My car’s original headlight housings are beyond polishing anymore and I need to replace them. Leaning towards a replacement set with amber still installed, but want to make extra sure before I buy a new set. Any examples? It’s a difficult color to work with at times.

I have a UK spec Legacy with factory orange indicators if that helps?

IMG-20190817-1606063.jpg

Thanks. Mostly asking for ABP pics as the color seems to compliment the amber reflectors better than other colors on this car so it's hard for me to choose between OEM-style or JDM.

I put Depos on my car last year, but I went with the clear reflector instead of the amber. They go well with my '08 Outback taillights that don't have the amber turn signals. Sorry, I know that's not exactly what you're looking for.

IMGP8860.thumb.jpg.6c80d20efd88c8da72f76bbe1062d506.jpg

IMGP8863e.thumb.jpg.c630c15f7c8168f6eccef2e0005ca05f.jpg

Edited by csaari

I put Depos on my car last year, but I went with the clear reflector instead of the amber. They go well with my '08 Outback taillights that don't have the amber turn signals. Sorry, I know that's not exactly what you're looking for.

Appreciate this. The whole styling of the car looks strangely muted to me without the amber reflectors and I'm pretty sure it's not for me. I have JDM full-LED tails that have no amber, but yet I think, for some reason, this color just looks more appropriate with the amber than all the other colors which almost all objectively look better without it.

depo clear for jdm look.

depo w/amber light for oem usdm.

don't forget to lami-X whatever your choice will be.

i am on oem usdm.

https://www.vividracing.com/subaru-legacy-0507-blue-headlight-covers-laminx-p-151928683.html

That look right? Are the smaller, circular covers for the foglights? I'm assuming this will help prevent the headlights from fading like mine have.

Appreciate the help to all who replied.

Appreciate this. The whole styling of the car looks strangely muted to me without the amber reflectors and I'm pretty sure it's not for me. I have JDM full-LED tails that have no amber, but yet I think, for some reason, this color just looks more appropriate with the amber than all the other colors which almost all objectively look better without it.

You're welcome! Yeah, I understand what you're saying. I was actually a little surprised how much the look changed just by taking away the little bits of amber. Muted is a good word for it.

Glad to help confirm what you DON'T want, ha ha! I do think you would be very happy with the amber Depos.

perfect for a new headlight or one that has been recycled...

the round ones are for your fog lights.

the blue tint will go with the abp color.

Thank you for pointing out that those were blue. I legitimately didn't notice that. Just want clear covers for me!

• 3 months later...

Got the amber DEPOs on my wagon yesterday. Looking so much better! They do get a bit of condensation in. They also don't fit 100% like OEM. About 95%. Some things just are hard to line up with an aftermarket grille and bumper, but the aftermarket headlights really did complete the trifecta of "massage everything into place-ish."

rsz_img_5906.thumb.png.7e886a29f40bd3677bdb107b411ffe68.png

rsz_img_5907.thumb.png.9385ce357d2f5f897a9ed26d8fdd0f38.png

Looking good! Honestly they look like they fit better than the stock ones on my car. Which aftermarket grille do you have?

Where did you buy the clear reflectors? Mine are currently reflector-less and would be great to have some clear ones instead of amber.

Looking good! Honestly they look like they fit better than the stock ones on my car. Which aftermarket grille do you have?

Where did you buy the clear reflectors? Mine are currently reflector-less and would be great to have some clear ones instead of amber.

https://www.ebay.com/p/728011202

Grille is a discontinued 6OVRCRST carbon fibre mesh grille.

The link Pleides posted above is the same seller I bought mine from. I was happy with that seller, and I've been very happy with the headlights. I've had mine almost 2 years now, and they still look great.

Got the amber DEPOs on my wagon yesterday. Looking so much better!]

Sorry to hear you had a few issues, but those do look great! Very nice combo of bumper, grille, and headlights.

Edited by csaari

Yeah, I know some people like the amber-less look but I just can’t get behind it on the color my car is. Orange and blue are complimentary colors and I think they go well. I think the JDM look is better on darker colored cars.