LegacyGT.com

North Shore MA: Mechanic, Body Shop

Muleski

I'm on the North Shore. Looking for a good indie mechanic/shop with Subaru experience, to use moving forward. Any recommendations? Car's a 2005 RBP 5EAT wagon, stage 1. Pretty simple. I'm looking to install an uppipe, do some brake work, alignment. How about Fastrack? Will they do basic service?

Body shops? I've had work {on other cars} done at Dick's in Somerville. They're real busy, and a bit "high end" these days for me. Hear great things about Mike's in Malden and Anchor in Woburn. I've also had pretty good results over the years at Col-Craft in Lynn. No major work needed. Need to have the rear bumper re-sprayed. Any other recommendations?

Thanks a lot. Appreciate it.

Fastrack is generally recommended by most of us here, seems like a fair share of us have taken our cars to them for regular maintenance and also performance installs, mainly re: suspension components.

i've had a positive experience with them myself personally.

as for body shops, i do believe someone mentioned dick's before. another one that comes to mind is Inline Auto Body. couple others, though i think there is an old thread kicking around on it.

I go with Family Auto Clinic in Rowley for everything that has to be done right. Shawn Portrait is the owner, and he's a straight shooter. Next door to him is Gino's Auto Body, also very good. Gino's never worked on my Subaru, but he did a great job repairing my vintage Landcruiser. It's on Route 1, just north of the Agawam Diner on your left.

gone to Fastrack for my 30k service and to have a wheel speed sensor replaced. good group of people working there, they'll give you a loaner if you make the appointment ahead of time that it's not booked already.

dunno about body shops in your area though....went to one in marlborough but it was meh..

I go with Family Auto Clinic in Rowley for everything that has to be done right. Shawn Portrait is the owner, and he's a straight shooter. Next door to him is Gino's Auto Body, also very good. Gino's never worked on my Subaru, but he did a great job repairing my vintage Landcruiser. It's on Route 1, just north of the Agawam Diner on your left.

Oh hells Yeah!! I am from the No. Shore...Ipswich. Gotta love the Agawam. Gino's towed my old Scirocco after an accident, once.

GL

Rehab is for quitters.

+1 for Gino's in Rowley! He did body work on my 2000 Silverado and my 2004 Titan. He's always receptive to a discount for cash payments!

I just had repair work (tunep, brakes, ball joints, shocks, etc.) done on my Ford Ranger at New Meadow Auto Repair in Topsfield. They have an excellent reputation locally, I don't know if they have any Subaru experience however.

• 4 years later...
Raising this thread from the dead... wondering if FasTrack is still a reputable shop. Anyone been there recently? Need somewhere responsible to do some suspension work.

I used them to do my butt spacers, steering rack bushings, and custom alignment about a month ago. Service was ok, they'll do anything you ask them to. A good go to if you don't want to go out of your way for suspension work.

For everything else, Motive in Woburn.

As for body shops, I've had bumper work done before and had quotes from all over the north shore, usually too pricey because they insist on blending the color with the nearest touching panels. I used South Century Auto in Quincy (yes I've driven to the south shore 2x for minor body work) because the quality their painting is such that I've never needed blending, they do it spot on every time and for much less. That was when I had a weird metallic Urban Titanium colored Civic and they matched it flawlessly, I will always go back to them for little things like bumper sprays and fender fixes. About $400-500 as opposed to $800+

For more major work, AVOID Sting Ray in Marblehead. Left my car full of bodyshop dust, didn't replace some damaged pieces, I had to go back 3 times to straighten things out with them even though they were insurance recommended. Good thing I wasn't paying for it. I'll let you know about Autobody Clinic in Beverly as soon as my car gets fixed.

Archived