LegacyGT.com

Console Display "Er Pd"

bOrG_tt

I've checked the service manual and I cant seem to find any hint of this message. However this afternoon I noticed that it went away and now my Driver Side Auto Power Window does not work properly. Usually I would pull the lever and release and it would go straight up or conversely depress and it would go straight down. Now it only goes up a little, even if I keep the lever in action, the glass halts!

Now I'm not sure that the 2 events are related but I would not doubt if they were. Still no idea by the way though.

The "Err" message comes from the Body Integrated Unit and usually indicates the BIU has detected a problem communicating with some other control unit. I believe that JDM models have a power window control unit which isn't present on US cars, so, if you have a JDM Legacy, "Err Pd" might indicate the BIU is having trouble communicating with a "Power door" control module.

• 7 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Happen the same to me , i remove the battety to some eletrical work in the lighting and happens this error"Er Pd" on the dash , my driver side door windows its just up by touch , i have a JDM BL5 2005 , with change side stering whell.

any solutions??

where this controle module are? door ? dash?

http://i59.tinypic.com/23gzpj6.jpg

• 1 year later...
I have this problem also. I have a 2005 Subaru legacy. driver side window no longer goes up or down, switch feels broken and Er Pd displays on dash. I have tried a different control panel for the window but it didn't work either. have been told it could be the window motor. Any ideas?

• 4 months later...

I just experianced the same. The power window switch for the driver's door is not working properly. It opens normally but closes only a few cm. I have to trigger the switch 15-20 times to completely close the window. good enough it works somehow - its rain season here in Uganda :lol:

Anyway, I removed the panel to have a look at the console itself. There is not much that can break or better said not much to do for you. After putting everything back I got the error code on my dash.

Do I really have to replace the whole console or its there a way to fix it?

PS: Parts are hard to get in Uganda. There is only one shop in the whole country...

I had my whole switch replaced under warranty back in like 2006 in my drivers door.

But I seem to recall about 5 years ago there was a thread here about rebuilding the switch for the power windows. Check the interior forum.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I had to get the whole console for the switch replaced which wasn't too much second hand. I left mine for about 6 months before getting it fixed and it ended up ruining the window motor as well because the switch had been putting strain on it the whole time. By the end I needed to replace the switch console and the window motor, got both parts second hand so didn't cost too much but better to get it fixed quickly before it ruins your window motor too, waiting just makes extra cost.

• 7 months later...
I had to get the whole console for the switch replaced which wasn't too much second hand. I left mine for about 6 months before getting it fixed and it ended up ruining the window motor as well because the switch had been putting strain on it the whole time. By the end I needed to replace the switch console and the window motor, got both parts second hand so didn't cost too much but better to get it fixed quickly before it ruins your window motor too, waiting just makes extra cost.
the driver window moter done mess up

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
I have the same problem with my '04 OB. Is there a way of getting rid of the warning in the meantime and regaining the use of the trip meter?

You can simply press the button to cange the tripmeter. a single press will cycle you through trip A, trip B. Long press resets the trip

Archived