LegacyGT.com

Looking for Nexus phone to use with BTSSM. Advice needed.

Hi guys,

As an avid Apple product user I am a bit lost when it comes to Android phones. I plan on using a Nexus phone, or other Android phone as my monitor for Torque, BTSSM, apps.

What do you guys use and which is the right size for the job? I see Nexus phones in 5,6,7" sizes. I am thinking Nexus 6P 32gb should do the trick.

What advice if any do you have for me regarding my purchase?

Thanks in advance!

Are you planning on hard mounting it and just using it for car stuff, or only bringing it out as needed?

A nexus 7 tablet really works well for this... They are cheap ($50 used), and will roughly fill the spot where the cubby/clock was. There is also a custom ROM for it that allows it to auto start/shutdown with the car.

I plan on using a Magic Mount and installing where the Cobb used to live.

So any Android will work eh? Is there a better option if it's not going to be a used as a phone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any android phone that supports OTG. Ideally you'd find one that supported OTG+charging at the same time.

So running a Bluetooth application requires OTG?

Is there a problem charging while using Torque or other apps at the same time?

Any suggestions on which phone? Saying any Android phone no longer sounds correct.

As Perscitus said, anything running Android v4-7. I've got an Amazon Fire phone running Cyanogen mod. Works great.

I would suggest a 5.5"+ screen. There is SO much info BTSSM can display, the larger screen the better.

As Perscitus said, anything running Android v4-7. I've got an Amazon Fire phone running Cyanogen mod. Works great.

I would suggest a 5.5"+ screen. There is SO much info BTSSM can display, the larger screen the better.

Great thanks for the info!

Archived