LegacyGT.com

'13-'14 Legacy Owners needed to test front lip

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just sent Fredrik a text message to get over there ASAP. I did the test fit with them for the 2010+ lip.

Damn...totally forgot. On the phone now.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

yes, please update us.

They already had someone stop by yesterday.

It fits and will take about 2 months or so before it is ready to ship.

I asked about a ducktail spoiler similar to the corazon spoiler on japanparts. They may do it if there is enough interest.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

^^^yeah, I had them all excited about that when I went for my test fit in Dec '12 and assured them there would be sufficient interest. We even held a Lexus IS spoiler up to my car and we talked about the look that would be different from all other spoilers available at the time and that it would be very attractive. They ignored my follow-up. When I was there they had also talked about lengthening one of the side skirts that they make for the Impreza and even measured for it. Still haven't seen that product either.

They kinda have a mind of their own and I don't quite understand their marketing strategies. I could tell them til I was blue in the face that there would be hundreds interested and it seemed to go right out the other ear.

I stopped by today anyway. I wanted to see how it fits on my car.

They did a very good job integrating the squarish lip of the bumper into the new lip.

About 1/4" of the bumper is covered by the liip, and it uses OEM mounting points. The lip is maybe 1.5" long and goes down at about a 30 degree angle. It makes that square bumper look a LOT better.

Again, at least 2 months away as a lot of STI guys have needs.

I asked, but they said no pics.

OMG a front lip for the 13'-14' front?! *spazzes*

And it looks very good. I just couldn't take any pics!

Is it like the STi lip for the Legacy or completely different style?

As I described it...it is different and maybe better IMHO.

• 3 weeks later...

It is an extension of the front end. It doesn't look like a separate piece when it is installed.

Imagine for a second that the flat front bottom edge of your bumper (at 90 degrees) which is about 1" or so...is now at a 45 degree and extended 1".

The lip follows the bottom edge of the 2013/2014 bumper and becomes part of the bumper.

I really wish they allowed a pic or that I snuck a pic.

Trust me, it looks good.

They already had someone stop by yesterday.

It fits and will take about 2 months or so before it is ready to ship.

I asked about a ducktail spoiler similar to the corazon spoiler on japanparts. They may do it if there is enough interest.

Here you go. :cool: 1 page back. And dated 3/5/14

I would say early Maybe. :lol:

Here you go. :cool: 1 page back. And dated 3/5/14

I would say early Maybe. :lol:

May-be even later as they were hot and heavy on wrx and sti pieces.

I can't wait either.

I'm still having a hard time visualizing your description.

It is not that hard...just read my mind. LOL

Better yet...it will be a surprise. Patience is the hard part.

From what I read it seems like it is going to have a similar shape as the garage door seal home-made "lips" just way better. I'm sure it is going to look nice. Does it go over the front of the bumper at all to make it look as if its molded?

From what I read it seems like it is going to have a similar shape as the garage door seal home-made "lips" just way better. I'm sure it is going to look nice. Does it go over the front of the bumper at all to make it look as if its molded?

It looks like I'm gonna need to get creative with microsoft paint tonight.

Archived