LegacyGT.com

Sacramento spec.B help

ar-skitahoe

Hi everyone this is a repost from the general pre-purchase questions forum for any Sacramento area Subaru owners out there:

I am looking at a private party CL 2008 spec.B with 36k. No idea on maintenance history, etc and I haven't seen the car yet but the pics show a dark grey GT with nice rims and some scuffs on the interior control panel.

Read fysics's 08 SpecB thread (newbie, looking at a spec b) and think I know what to ask a mechanic to check when I take this for a test drive and inspection.

I take everyone's points to check that the yellow bilstien suspension is still in, ask the mechanic to check all the fluids across the board, check for signs of mods, and run a compression and leakdown test if there are no maintenance documents to backup the car (fatal mistake on recently purchased 2004 FXT...).

So, questions are:

1. good mechanic in sacramento who can run a pre-purchase check on saturday? the Maita Subaru dealership is near where he wants to meet.

2. anyone want to meet me and look at this together or suggest other GTs for sale in NorCal/Reno area? I am car retarded.

3. anything else in particular you would check for when test driving a GT/specB?

Thanks for any help.

Call Paul @ FW Motorsports. He's in Roseville/Rocklin, about 20ish min from Maita.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

Archived