LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I second that...especially if it is a wagon...as a non-biased 3rd party
Nope... a sedan. I don't like the wagons. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the side profile, the extra interior space for activities, and the whole "you got spanked by a wagon" bit... but, I'm not a fan of how they styled and finished the rear. I just don't like it.

I know, my taste is weird..

Scotty

Nope... a sedan. I don't like the wagons. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the side profile, the extra interior space for activities, and the whole "you got spanked by a wagon" bit... but, I'm not a fan of how they styled and finished the rear. I just don't like it.

I know, my taste is weird..

Scotty

You're not weird, just wrong. I will say the USDM rear bumper isn't the greatest. The butt looks better with EDM or JDM rear bumper

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Not today but I installed a set of Perrin el headers on the car over the weekend. I like how its quieter at idle but still has a nasty sound when I get on it. If I knew I was going to like it this much, I would have done it sooner.
ELH FTW! Lol.

Add the EWG and you'll be in paradise. I just got the grimmspeed adapter for the 3"DP to oem catback along with the donut. Getting older and considering putting oem exhaust back on for stealth mode.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

JDM facelift Spec B/STI bumper got delivered today which was the last item I was waiting on before dropping everything off at the shop for the paint prep work to begin. Need to take pictures of everything tonight to document and update my build thread. Also need to get going on flipping the shields on the JDM headlights. First time I will be cracking open a set of headlights so should be fun.

Not today but I installed a set of Perrin el headers on the car over the weekend. I like how its quieter at idle but still has a nasty sound when I get on it. If I knew I was going to like it this much, I would have done it sooner.

"But, But, But, what about the rumble?"

Good choice. Power and efficiency over "rumble" any day.

ELH FTW! Lol.

Add the EWG and you'll be in paradise. I just got the grimmspeed adapter for the 3"DP to oem catback along with the donut. Getting older and considering putting oem exhaust back on for stealth mode.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You and I both. I love the Stromung sound way too much, specially with the windows down but it does drone a bit too much for my taste, specially when I have the family in it. I've had a vibrant resonator sitting in the garage for months now, but I'm afraid it will change the beautiful sound of the Stromung way too much and I'll just end up hating it.

Sorry for the long rant, I'll eventually get the resonator on and go from there.

Edited by Gabo

Fwiw, I've had resonators added to two catbacks in my time. Both examples the exhaust note was improved, significantly in one case - lower tone, less rasp, less drone; one time I had fitment issues afterward. Edited by BoozeRS05

Damn, this makes me more anxious to get my killer B headers on.

Fun stuff happening in the 5th gen. forums :lol:. It's a whole different world over there.

STI trans fitted into 5th Gen LGT

FS- Location: Sti 6mt in a 5th generation Legacy Trans mount Jig Info

Edited by Enlight

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Fun stuff happening in the 5th gen. forums :lol:. It's a whole different world over there.

STI trans fitted into 5th Gen LGT

FS- Location: Sti 6mt in a 5th generation Legacy Trans mount Jig Info

Didn't 5th gen LGT come with 6 speed standard anyway? Just SpecB style, not STI style, correct? I know the tranny case and mounting is different from BL/BP - we have 10 OB with 6 MT.

The OP is either beginner scammer, or simply , uhm, slow.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

So how about this - I put an AEM 320 fuel pump in my car about 10K miles ago, and it already went bad! Still confirming, but I replaced the whole bucket (fuel pump/filter/sender) with a low mileage STi takeoff, and haven't had any problems whatsoever since.

Prior to this, I was having a problem where the car would die only after running for a continuous couple hours on the highway. Which was a big problem as it would only die when I was over a hundred miles away from home... usually in the middle of nowhere and on a roadtrip. When I put the AEM pump in, I tuned it since there were a few other things changing at the time. Well, now with the stock STi pump in there, I'm rich across the board on the same tune and it's running like a champ.

In hindsight, I think the AEM was slowly dying because it kept going slightly lean up top (inconsistently), and I kept revising the tune for it. Now with the STi pump, it's been dead consistent for about 500 miles so far. After changing out everything related to the fuel delivery, the new AEM fuel pump was the last thing I thought would have been the problem, but it's looking like it was. It's hard to confirm because I need to drive it for over 100 miles at highway speed to see if it dies, but so far it's been good!

So here's a heads up - when fuel pumps start to die, they do weird things and don't show a CEL. Even if you recently put in a brand new aftermarket fuel pump, it could be the problem.

Didn't 5th gen LGT come with 6 speed standard anyway? Just SpecB style, not STI style, correct? I know the tranny case and mounting is different from BL/BP - we have 10 OB with 6 MT.

The OP is either beginner scammer, or simply , uhm, slow.

6 speed crammed in a 5 speed gearbox.

Edit: as in a 6th gear crammed inside a 4th gen 5mt. Not a 6 speed as we know it.

Edited by Flinkly
* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

6 speed crammed in a 5 speed gearbox.

Edit: as in a 6th gear crammed inside a 4th gen 5mt. Not a 6 speed as we know it.

I've always wondered this too. So they have an LGT 5 speed with a highway gear? Sounds pretty decent for a daily driver.