LegacyGT.com

oh shoot...Why?

Good day my people(maybe not for me) I just had a python remote start put in today and after driving for a bit I noticed my AP wasn't connecting to my OBD2 ....It keeps saying to make sure my key is in the ignition and in the on position...Any thoughts on what I should ask the install place(planet Hi-Fi) or suggestions to give them?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

OK ladies and gents...I can't get into the shop till next Wed witch really sucks cause Mr Mike from tuning Alliance just gave me my 4th map and I can't load it because AP won't read that my ignition is in the on position.... On a side note I had to use my Factory alarm Clicker because when locking the doors on the inside and closing the door set the factory alarm and the new alarm / starter didn't like it and it would go all crazy and alarm starts going off... Found a fix for this though if you sit in the car close door, turn key to the on position, unlock your door hold on lock down and open the door at same time and hold it for 30 seconds it turns off the factory alarm... Problem one solved now need to take care of the big problem I want to load my 4th map...Cobb says remote starter might be pulling some amps so the obd2 doesn't have enough to read key in on position.....ANYWAY Have a good Thanksgiving my Legacy people's!...

What do you then do about the loss of amperage?

My 05 LGT also has a remote start, I am to be getting my accessport tomorrow (was suppose to be here today, UPS stopped, but unloaded nothing....) and hope i do not have a similar problem.

What kind of remote start u got? I go next Wed for him to look at it?

Have you checked the obd2 connector to make sure they didn't pull a wire loose/out when they removed the under dash tray? Also make sure they clipped the obd2 back into place on the tray completely as the AP may not be seating fully. Maybe remove it from the tray and plug the AP in and see if any difference.

Have you checked the obd2 connector to make sure they didn't pull a wire loose/out when they removed the under dash tray? Also make sure they clipped the obd2 back into place on the tray completely as the AP may not be seating fully. Maybe remove it from the tray and plug the AP in and see if any difference.
Good idea...I will try that 2maro...really don't want to wait a week...

• 2 weeks later...

So I have an update... After about a week I went to drop off the car so the installer could check and see if he could help with AP not turning on and when I plugged it in to show him it turned on and is now working....sorry I wish I had answer why this happened but I don't...only thing I did is unplug my battery when I did my fuel pump...maybe it reset something so AP could work....OH WELL

For my car, its the positioning of the Access Port wire that's causing the faulty connection. Next time when you see that the AP is not connecting to your car. Make sure the AP plug is seated properly. Then, gently nudge/push the wiring closest to the plug towards the same direction where the wire enters the plug (hold the plug so that it doesn't come loose and do not bend the wires as you may damage it). Watch your AP screen to see if connects as you push.

I have the Access Port v3 Sub-002

That's exactly what I tried doing the first couple of days when I got car back from getting the remote start put in... But it didn't seem to want to read the key is in the on position...it powered up but didn't see key in on position...I will check again and see if moving the wire does anything and then position it to make sure it isn't moving around while driving...thanks again

Archived