LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

The front right axle on my FXT is going. Wtf is wrong with Subaru CV shafts these days???

Yeah :(. I drive my car hard though and I have over 110K miles on mine so it was just time. Gosh that was an expensive bill sheesh, but my car drives so much better now so I’m absolutely grateful.

I drive my car hard though and I have over 110K miles on mine so it was just time. .

I like your "realistic" attitude" .... in that you "drive hard" and are not seemingly totally surprised when components need replacement. It prompted me to think about a couple of things. Firstly, forums like ours (and others) often tend to hear about component failures from the " vocal minority" of users ... because the "silent majority" are usually happy with their vehicles. That's not to say the opinions and information from the aforermentioned minority are not genuine, or of value, but there is a danger that their "minority" concerns are taken as being applicable to all vehicles of whatever models are under discussion.

And the second thing that comes to mind with your comments, is the often heard statement that if cars are driven conservatively then they will last so much longer than those that are driven hard. For example Scotty Kilmer (who is not always correct, but is generally pretty entertaining :lol:) often talks about certain vehicles (and CVT transmissions) as being "endless money pits" but he says if you drive them "like a Grandma" then they can possibly still last a long time. I am a very conservative driver (I don't like being referred to as a "grandma" but if the shoe fits ;)) ... but I do manage to get mine on the highway at least once a week to give it a decent run.

I'm hoping that my driving style will give me many more years of trouble free ownership. :icon_mrgr

I like your "realistic" attitude" .... in that you "drive hard" and are not seemingly totally surprised when components need replacement. It prompted me to think about a couple of things. Firstly, forums like ours (and others) often tend to hear about component failures from the " vocal minority" of users ... because the "silent majority" are usually happy with their vehicles. That's not to say the opinions and information from the aforermentioned minority are not genuine, or of value, but there is a danger that their "minority" concerns are taken as being applicable to all vehicles of whatever models are under discussion.

And the second thing that comes to mind with your comments, is the often heard statement that if cars are driven conservatively then they will last so much longer than those that are driven hard. For example Scotty Kilmer (who is not always correct, but is generally pretty entertaining [emoji38]) often talks about certain vehicles (and CVT transmissions) as being "endless money pits" but he says if you drive them "like a Grandma" then they can possibly still last a long time. I am a very conservative driver (I don't like being referred to as a "grandma" but if the shoe fits ;)) ... but I do manage to get mine on the highway at least once a week to give it a decent run.

I'm hoping that my driving style will give me many more years of trouble free ownership. :icon_mrgr

I totally agree; I mean cars are meant to be driven. Your car will last as long as the care you give it. It's good that you take it out at least once a week on the highway. It does the car more good than bad. I hope you're not that driver that just cruises and holds up the fast lane lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yeah :(. I drive my car hard though and I have over 110K miles on mine so it was just time. Gosh that was an expensive bill sheesh, but my car drives so much better now so I’m absolutely grateful.

How much?

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

I hope you're not that driver that just cruises and holds up the fast lane lol.

:lol::lol::lol: Nah, no chance of that, I keep up with the speed limit in the middle lanes whilst leaving the "fast lane" clear for the "racers."

I’ve gotta say it’s fun to race around even if it means more maintenance..... my SyncUP drive logs for me each trip its fun to beat your time on a trip. The dev also gives me WiFi been thinking of finding a way to put a tablet in my car that looks clean.

https://i.imgur.com/6HkMkQW.jpg

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

Edited by KJS2023

I’ve gotta say it’s fun to race around even if it means more maintenance..... my SyncUP drive logs for me each trip its fun to beat your time on a trip. The dev also gives me WiFi been thinking of finding a way to put a tablet in my car that looks clean.

https://i.imgur.com/6HkMkQW.jpg

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

[emoji1787][emoji1787] I thought I was bad. No lie though our car is slow as heck but soo fun to drive. People look at me crazy but I love my car. The things you've done to your car is very impressive too.

Thanks and I gotta say adding that peddle commander makes the car have a lot more pickup off the line but u have to keep a scanner in the car in case u limp mode. Last week I switched modes while parked and it did it to me. Quick clear of the code and I was on the road.

—————————————————

More to come...

I have an issue maybe you guys can help me resolve. Every time I take my car in to get an oil change, the car always runs super sluggish afterwards and I don't know why.

I have an issue maybe you guys can help me resolve. Every time I take my car in to get an oil change, the car always runs super sluggish afterwards and I don't know why. Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was surprised to read your post because I have always "imagined" that my vehicles ran better after a service. I say "imagined" because I had no proof either way, and in reality it was just an imagined "feel good" thing. After reading your post I Googled "loss of power after oil change" and was again surprised at the amount of others who seemingly agree with you. I didn't read all of them, but it appears that many posters were on the "oil overfill bandwagon" ..... but for what it is worth, one reply that I did read seemed to make a bit of sense ... " It's possible that your mechanic disconnected the battery while doing his work. If so, it might take the DME a little while to relearn optimal fuel/ignition parameters ..." :confused:

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Nah, no chance of that, I keep up with the speed limit in the middle lanes whilst leaving the "fast lane" clear for the "racers."
You should stick to the right lane if you are just cruising and not overtaking. The middle lane is the 1st of 2 overtaking lanes (the slower one of the two).

Envoyé de mon LG-M703 en utilisant Tapatalk

You should stick to the right lane if you are just cruising and not overtaking. The middle lane is the 1st of 2 overtaking lanes (the slower one of the two).

Not here in Australia, unlike you guys .... we drive on the left ... the left hand and middle lanes are for the legal limit "cruisers" and the right hand lane is for the overtakers and the "speed demons." :lol:

B]It's possible that your mechanic disconnected the battery while doing his work. If so, it might take the DME a little while to relearn optimal fuel/ignition parameters[/b] ..." :confused:

I second this. Anytime I disconnect the battery for work or flash a retune the car has to relearn throttle and calibrate. My tuner confirmed that it was normal.

On the other hand when my GF goes in for just an oil change on her WRX, it always feels more happy and willing to her...likely because they are NOT disconnecting the battery.

I get my oil changes done at my dealer and I know they don’t disconnect the battery. If they did my SyncUP drive would of picked that up.

—————————————————

More to come...

I was surprised to read your post because I have always "imagined" that my vehicles ran better after a service. I say "imagined" because I had no proof either way, and in reality it was just an imagined "feel good" thing. After reading your post I Googled "loss of power after oil change" and was again surprised at the amount of others who seemingly agree with you. I didn't read all of them, but it appears that many posters were on the "oil overfill bandwagon" ..... but for what it is worth, one reply that I did read seemed to make a bit of sense ... " It's possible that your mechanic disconnected the battery while doing his work. If so, it might take the DME a little while to relearn optimal fuel/ignition parameters ..." :confused:
That makes sense then usually after a "while" then the power comes to what it was before the oil change. And I'm starting to dislike the Red Optima batteries now. It's what I currently have and I'm not impressed.

I second this. Anytime I disconnect the battery for work or flash a retune the car has to relearn throttle and calibrate. My tuner confirmed that it was normal.

On the other hand when my GF goes in for just an oil change on her WRX, it always feels more happy and willing to her...likely because they are NOT disconnecting the battery.

I'll definitely let the dealer know next time not to disconnect the battery. Actually I'm going to take it to a separate dealer and test that theory, but that's going to be a while from now.

That makes sense then usually after a "while" then the power comes to what it was before the oil change. And I'm starting to dislike the Red Optima batteries now. It's what I currently have and I'm not impressed.

Try a Odyssey Battery next time.. There a Great Battery.. Completely Dry Cell and lots of power..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

About $1900. ohh I'm still crying [emoji21][emoji21]

Jesus Christ! You got ripped off, man! Did they use OE?

It does NOT make sense. There's no way ANY place changing the oil would disconnect the battery for funzies.

I'll definitely let the dealer know next time not to disconnect the battery. Actually I'm going to take it to a separate dealer and test that theory, but that's going to be a while from now.

They'll just look at you with a blank stare, most likely. They may also just agree, not knowing what TF you're talking about...

'15 FB25

Try a Odyssey Battery next time.. There a Great Battery.. Completely Dry Cell and lots of power..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Dry cell???

'15 FB25

Dry cell???

The Odyssey is a flat-plate AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) lead/acid battery. It is not classified as a "dry cell" battery, since it still uses liquid electrolyte. Of course, as an AGM it is not a flooded cell battery, either. "Damp cell" or "moist cell," maybe?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Jesus Christ! You got ripped off, man! Did they use OE?

Yes, that they did. The only thing that sucks with this dealer is that they charge full price for OEM whereas I've been able to get very good prices ordering from other Subaru dealers online but I'm not worried about the price, I'm just glad for the peace of mind.

It does NOT make sense. There's no way ANY place changing the oil would disconnect the battery for funzies.

It runs good now. Got its pep back. So I have no clue what's really causing it. I don't hear any funny noises coming from the car and no codes pop up on the screen.

They'll just look at you with a blank stare, most likely. They may also just agree, not knowing what TF you're talking about...

I'll get a second opinion on this and see if I hear something different.