LegacyGT.com

Thinking of making i88 adapters

Just received my second harness. Thanks again!

I'm glad to hear it!

Where is everyone getting their double din faceplate and jdm hazard buttons?

You can get your double din kit here: https://avojdm.com/dual-zone-av-panel-set-h6217ag911/. Just make sure your climate control is dual zone to use this kit.

JDM hazard switch: https://avojdm.com/legacy-hazard-switch/

Where is everyone getting their double din faceplate and jdm hazard buttons?

I have a few forsale and do a much better price shipped than AVOJDM. But keep in mind that the ones I have sold are all gently used

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

• 2 weeks later...

I do have one question for you K00laid83, I would like to get some terminals to use for my steering wheel controls. I already have the double din kit, and the i88 wiring, so I am good on that front.

As part of my upgrade I am also swapping a 2008 steering wheel into my 2005 LGT, so I need to add the wires on the chassis side to support the steering wheel controls to the head unit. The wires are there coming from the wheel but the body side connector is missing the wires. Some people just jam wires in there with some glue to hold things together, I personally don't like this option. Could you provide these terminals that would insert into the body side connector?

I can provide some more details if you like, I believe it is 4-5 wires that need to be added to the connector, 2 for illumination a 2/3 for the control signals.

Thanks in advance.

I do have one question for you K00laid83, I would like to get some terminals to use for my steering wheel controls. I already have the double din kit, and the i88 wiring, so I am good on that front.

As part of my upgrade I am also swapping a 2008 steering wheel into my 2005 LGT, so I need to add the wires on the chassis side to support the steering wheel controls to the head unit. The wires are there coming from the wheel but the body side connector is missing the wires. Some people just jam wires in there with some glue to hold things together, I personally don't like this option. Could you provide these terminals that would insert into the body side connector?

I can provide some more details if you like, I believe it is 4-5 wires that need to be added to the connector, 2 for illumination a 2/3 for the control signals.

Thanks in advance.

Are you talking about the i85 harness? I'm currently looking into making one. My plan is to go to the junk yard and pick up a spare steering wheel and wiring to add steering wheel controls. I'm unsure what kind of pins that connector uses.

Thanks in advance.

Are you talking about the i85 harness? I'm currently looking into making one. My plan is to go to the junk yard and pick up a spare steering wheel and wiring to add steering wheel controls. I'm unsure what kind of pins that connector uses.
I have part numbers for the correct pins that go into the green connector (and the connector itself). I'll post later.

Edit:

Green Connector: JAE IL-AG5-5S-S3C1

Green connector Pins:JAE IL-AG5-C1-5000

Link: http://www.cycleterminal.com/jae-il-ag5.html

Edited by rhino6303

No, the i85 connector attaches at the radio, that i got taken care of.

So the clock spring (or roll connector as some people call it) is a middle man. On one end it connects to the steering wheel so it can rotate and do its thing. This is where the green connector mentioned below comes into play. (thanks rhino6303 for those part numbers I need to order some of those pins as well.) On the other end it connects to the main harness under the dash via a couple connections. One of our members has a youtube video (

) that describes what I'm talking about, he choose to jam the wires into the plug. I'm not criticizing his method it is just not the route I want to go. I would like to get the pins. I am hoping the link below might help with that search.

I hope this clears up my request.

I have part numbers for the correct pins that go into the green connector (and the connector itself). I'll post later.

Edit:

Green Connector: JAE IL-AG5-5S-S3C1

Green connector Pins:JAE IL-AG5-C1-5000

Link: http://www.cycleterminal.com/jae-il-ag5.html

So the clock spring (or roll connector as some people call it) is a middle man. On one end it connects to the steering wheel so it can rotate and do its thing. This is where the green connector mentioned below comes into play. (thanks rhino6303 for those part numbers I need to order some of those pins as well.) On the other end it connects to the main harness under the dash via a couple connections. One of our members has a youtube video (

) that describes what I'm talking about, he choose to jam the wires into the plug. I'm not criticizing his method it is just not the route I want to go. I would like to get the pins. I am hoping the link below might help with that search.

I think the pins for the connector under the dash are just standard ts040 pins. I already had a bunch so I didn't need to order any new ones. Don't quote me on this but most of the interior connectors use ts040 pins.

Oh ok that makes more sense. I'm glad that rhino was able to help you out. Sorry I didn't have those specific pins.

I’m in the midst of the exciting and expensive process that is replacing all audio in my 07 SpecB so I will surely (Unless i am terribly mistaken) be needing some kinda harness between the SWC and JDM HVAC controls. So count me in for one if this is in your wheelhouse!!

I also plan on transplanting the (soon to be replaced) HU from my SpecB in my 05 Outback which I also believe requires some custom harness action.

So count ya boi for 2 harnesses for the aforementioned applications if you’re interested! Feel free to DM me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2007 specB (full undercarriage & drivetrain refinish, every nut and bolt replaced, full engine rebuild/restore, glass-out respray, air ride, wide body, and more! All done by me, at home!)

Instagram: @bagriders_john for more Subarus (and also my wife and cat)

pm sent

I’m in the midst of the exciting and expensive process that is replacing all audio in my 07 SpecB so I will surely (Unless i am terribly mistaken) be needing some kinda harness between the SWC and JDM HVAC controls. So count me in for one if this is in your wheelhouse!!

I also plan on transplanting the (soon to be replaced) HU from my SpecB in my 05 Outback which I also believe requires some custom harness action.

So count ya boi for 2 harnesses for the aforementioned applications if you’re interested! Feel free to DM me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Pm's and DM's have been responded too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think the pins for the connector under the dash are just standard ts040 pins. I already had a bunch so I didn't need to order any new ones. Don't quote me on this but most of the interior connectors use ts040 pins.

Just as a delayed follow up the pins for the white connector under the dash are are the larger 070 pins.

Just as a delayed follow up the pins for the white connector under the dash are are the larger 070 pins.
Darn. Sorry. The mirrors must be the 040 ones. I use both often. I'll buy your 040 pins of you don't need them.