LegacyGT.com

New software installed at dealer for 21 XT

Just checked on my Canadian Harman Kardon and there is no such thing. Just equalizer and aux volume gain to play around with.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Just got this picture from a '21 Outback Outdoor (Canadian model with base radio) press vehicle and it has a "3 speed" Speed Volume Control. Curiously, the Harman Kardon radio still doesn't...

136376095_843304229837720_6699557926267929011_n.thumb.jpg.95a98c34f8b0fcef5ee5206d0ac27a5c.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hadn't seen that before, i just assumed that lane centering would center it.

I will see if changing it makes a difference on where it goes in the lane.

Ideally i would like it to actually center it in the lane instead of being noticeably to one side or the other.

I tested this today and it doesn't seem to make any difference. Maybe it is a little more towards the center, but definately not on the left hand side of the lane.

• 3 weeks later...
Has any one else got a message on a new update to the software?

You can check this site, enter your VIN, it will tell you if your vehicle is on the recall list, it probably will be. If you’ve had the dealer do the update it will show Completed. For those who did it on their own it will probably continue to show the recall as being open for those vehicles.

https://www.subaru.com/vehicle-recalls.html

• 1 month later...
Finally got a letter today for Service Program WRI-20. It's a dealer only affair. Anybody had it done?

WRI-20 installed at my dealer today. While it's great to have Auto/Start/Stop on the main sreen, I won't be a happy camper until I get Speed Volume Control and other audio controls on my Harman Kardon stereo.

• 2 weeks later...
This weekend while driving ~200 miles to my Parents house, my Infotainment system completely turned off. I was getting ready to make a turn on a new road to bypass traffic. I held down the power button and turned the system back on and my android auto failed to start. I had to disconnect my phone and reconnect and then it connected and resumed navigation. Thats the first time i have had any failure like that. No issues the rest of the way down and back. I have a 2020 legacy XT with ~8k miles on it.

When I got the oil change the dealer installed the new update. So fare it has been good. The one thing I notice is the Auto/Stop start is on the first screen. This should of been there when they released the cars at the begining. I still love the Autostop Eliminator from https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/subaru/products/2020-subaru-legacy-autostop-eliminator

This weekend while driving ~200 miles to my Parents house, my Infotainment system completely turned off. I was getting ready to make a turn on a new road to bypass traffic. I held down the power button and turned the system back on and my android auto failed to start. I had to disconnect my phone and reconnect and then it connected and resumed navigation. Thats the first time i have had any failure like that. No issues the rest of the way down and back. I have a 2020 legacy XT with ~8k miles on it.

Something similar happened to my Legacy last month. I waiting at a traffic light with the Auto Stop/Start engaged. When I started moving again, I realized there was no sound coming from the radio. When I glanced down at screen, it was black. It looked like the radio rebooted itself. The reboot took about 30 seconds to complete. After the reboot was complete, I had to unmute the radio for the sound to resume. I did not notice if the reboot affected the HVAC or not.

My car has the latest 380 software.

I’ve been trying to determine whether using Sirius has any impact on these reboots. My wife has a 2020 Onyx that she got in December 2019 and I have a 2020 Legacy that I got in July of last year. Both vehicles are on the 380 software. She’s had a run of reboots recently and uses Sirius a lot. I believe each reboot occurred while she was listening to a Sirius channel. I’ve never used Sirius and have never had a reboot on my Legacy.

This seems coincidental but I’m trying to find some reason why she’s had so many reboots and I’ve never had any. Sirius usage seems to be the only difference in our habits. We both use Apple CarPlay but she hasn’t had an issue with that since she changed cables shortly after getting her car. I don’t use it that much but have never had an issue when I have.

I’ve been trying to determine whether using Sirius has any impact on these reboots. My wife has a 2020 Onyx that she got in December 2019 and I have a 2020 Legacy that I got in July of last year. Both vehicles are on the 380 software. She’s had a run of reboots recently and uses Sirius a lot. I believe each reboot occurred while she was listening to a Sirius channel. I’ve never used Sirius and have never had a reboot on my Legacy.

This seems coincidental but I’m trying to find some reason why she’s had so many reboots and I’ve never had any. Sirius usage seems to be the only difference in our habits. We both use Apple CarPlay but she hasn’t had an issue with that since she changed cables shortly after getting her car. I don’t use it that much but have never had an issue when I have.

I do not have Sirius program and do not use it and my unit has rebooted 2 times sense the install of the new software. It seems to me it happens when the card gets hot inside. Not sure but is the only time it reboots.

It goes black for about 30 seconds and then come back of and everything is fine. ??????

Why oh why isn't the start stop button round like the rest of the buttons on the home page?

Other then that, I love the fact it's out there now.

I think the idea is round is a toggle button, not a link to another menu.

I am not sure about my first reboot as it happened a few weeks ago, but my 2 or 3 most recent reboots happened when using Sirius. I was also getting a ton of weather alerts through the Sirius weather app at the time as there were a few severe storms in the area I was driving through. I was thinking of disabling all the alerts to see if that helped.

'21 Limited XT

Subaru Ambassador since 2015

My reboot happened when I was listening to the FM radio. I not used my Sirius since I bought the car and I ma pretty sure my free subscription has run out by now. I also did not have any cables plugged to any of the USB port.

Hmm now that I think about it, maybe it is related to the album art/audio information. I was listening to an HD FM station, and Jp1975 said his wife was listening to Sirius. Both get updated with album information. If that data is corrupted and the Blackberry software does not catch it, I wonder if that is enough to cause a crash. Just my hypothesis.

Or it could be Blackberry sucks at making a full screen car software.

Edited by laufu

just wanted to chime in on reboots. never had one until I got the 308. unit rebooted three times on a seven hour trip. I was using navigation, had full auto HVAC on, and was listening to Sirius xm. one reboot came after three hours. one after 47 minutes. then again after two hours. second one the turn by turn on the dash froze. wondering if that's the common link.

called SOA and naturally said take it to dealer. my buddy works at a dealership and said there isnt anything they can do. so basically i gotta go down there for them to say "cant reproduce" to have it logged as an issue. let me know if anyone else has any luck.

as a software developer, these cars are connected to the internet. you should be able to directly send stack traces/dumps to subaru like u can with most modern apps.

My wife just took her Onyx in to the dealer a week ago for another reason, she had left the gas cap off. That causes all kinds of hoohah. While it was there they performed some other update to the system, all of this was done for free so we didn’t get any specifics on what the update involved. They just said they updated the “radio”. She was already on the 380 software which was done a while ago so I don’t know what this was about.

My wife just took her Onyx in to the dealer a week ago for another reason, she had left the gas cap off. That causes all kinds of hoohah. While it was there they performed some other update to the system, all of this was done for free so we didn’t get any specifics on what the update involved. They just said they updated the “radio”. She was already on the 380 software which was done a while ago so I don’t know what this was about.

I got an email from Subaru a few days ago stating there was a new map update available. Could that be what the dealer installed.

When I got the oil change the dealer installed the new update. So fare it has been good. The one thing I notice is the Auto/Stop start is on the first screen. This should of been there when they released the cars at the begining. I still love the Autostop Eliminator from https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/subaru/products/2020-subaru-legacy-autostop-eliminator
Honest question: Why do so many people hate the auto-stop/start feature so much? I had been test driving a Legacy or Outback (can't remember which) for 30 minutes before I even noticed it was enabled and had been stopping the engine at stop lights. I purchased a '21 XT Limited a couple of months ago and to me, the feature is very unobtrusive. As soon as my foot even *begins* to come off the brake the engine starts and is ready to go as soon as my foot is on the accelerator. What am I missing? Like I said, I'm not trying to start anything. I'm just trying to understand what all the hub-bub is about. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

'21 Limited XT

Subaru Ambassador since 2015