LegacyGT.com

What change needs to be done?

Hello again,

I know y'all are probably sick of me posting a lot of threads, but I need help. I am probably dumb--I can not find much information. I found a good core Ej255 but it is off a manual and I have the 5EAT. I was just wondering, if anyone has a link, or idea of what I need to get changed for it to bolt up to the automatic transmission?

I was not able to find anything, I probably am not looking for the correct information.

Thanks a lot.

The only difference between the two is the manual tranny engine has the two belt guides on the upper corners of the timing belt.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The only difference between the two is the manual tranny engine has the two belt guides on the upper corners of the timing belt.

Thanks for the response. Does anything need to be done to that to make it work properly or just swapping over the flexplate will be enough for it to work?

You can leave the guide plates in for the belt. They are there for rapid rpm changes so the belt doesn't pop off the pulleys.

Think of high rpm and then push in the clutch to coast. rpm's drop quickly. A 5eat can't do that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You can leave the guide plates in for the belt. They are there for rapid rpm changes so the belt doesn't pop off the pulleys.

Think of high rpm and then push in the clutch to coast. rpm's drop quickly. A 5eat can't do that.

Ooo okay. I get what you are saying now. Thanks a lot!